Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 768 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
♦ Guide to Leveling in McMMO ♦ Sir ♦

**Before reading, this guide is based off the DEFAULT settings, this may changed for people who play on servers with altered xp settings**

[Image: jIfSzN9.png]

Table of Contents

1. About McMMO

2. McMMO Commands

3. Quick Leveling

• Excavation
  • Fishing
  • Herbalism
  • Mining
  • Woodcutting
  • Axes
  • Archery
  • Swords
  • Taming
  • Unarmed
  • Acrobatics
  • Repair
  • Power Level

[Image: qdryGR9.png]
McMMO is a plugin for users to have a leveling system ranged over a lot of different types of skills. This gives users a chance to work up these skills and become more powerful with each different ability, the more you mine, the more chance of a double drop, the better your acrobatics, the less damage you take from falling. It gives a Runescape feel to it, just you can use any type of tool no matter what level you are. Within this guide, I'll be giving you tips on the fastest ways to level up in McMMO to become one of the top players on your server!

[Image: JSDFXT8.png]
[Image: FSxzuXl.png]
There are quite a few McMMO commands, but there are only a few you really need to know about so I'll be listing these below!

/mcability - Toggle whether you want your abilities to be able to turn on your abilities.
/mcnotify - Toggle whether you want to show when your abilities are turned on in chat or not.
/mcrank - Show what you're ranked in all your skills against everyone else in the server.
/mcrank [Username] - Shows what a player is ranked in all their skills against everyone in the server.
/mcstats - Shows your McMMO skill stats and how much XP you're currently on in that level.
/mctop - Shows the top 10 players with the most Power Level in the server.
/mctop [SkillName] - Shows the top 10 players with the highest level in that skill within the server.
/party create [name] <password> - Create a party inside of McMMO.
/party join [name] <password> - Join someones party they've created.
/partychat - Toggle party chat on or off.
/ptp - Teleport to a player inside of your party.
/[SkillName] - Shows all the stats you currently have with that skill.

These would be the most useful commands of all there is within McMMO, this is pretty much all of them but they're all handy to use!

[Image: dSbqLay.png]
Excavation:
Excavation is your digging skill, xp is gained by pretty much digging up Dirt, Sand, Gravel, Clay, Grass, Mycelium and Soul Sand. I'll provide a colour code showing the best and worst things to go for when leveling.

Green = Best (Level with this if you can)
Yellow = Ok/Middle/Equal (If you cannot find anything in the Green or there is none, go for this)
Red = Bad (Don't level with this)

Grass - 40xp per Block
Dirt - 40xp per Block
Sand - 40xp per Block
Gravel - 40xp per Block
Mycelium - 40xp per Block
Soul Sand - 40xp per Block

You can pretty much farm with any block with excavation, but some servers may make Mycelium more XP as it is really rare to find, therefore giving you a better reward but I cannot guarantee this. Best way to level up fast is head to a desert and start digging up a lot of sand, sand is quick to dig and in the end you can just use it to turn into glass and sell it (If your server has shops).

Fishing:
Fishing, as self explanatory as it can be, is your fishing skill. You level up each time you catch a fish, as boring as it can be, you can also be rewarded with it, you get food to eat and you can also get a better chance at getting a rare drop when leveling up.

Catching a Fish - 800xp per Fish

There isn't really any stats to compare as you always are catching the same thing with no difference, although if your server has the Magic Hunter Ability turned on, you're able to catch treasure with your fish which can give you 1000xp (Caught fish + 200xp).

Herbalism:
Herbalism is more of your farming skill, you gain XP through harvesting crops, flowers, plants and mushrooms. This ranges from EVERY plant and flower in the game so this in particular is one of the easiest skills to level up!

Cactus - 30xp per Section (60xp if you break the top and middle section separately)
Mushrooms - 150xp per Mushroom
Sugar Cane - 30xp per Sugar Cane (60xp if you break the top and middle section separably)
Wheat - 50xp per Wheat
Melon - 20xp per Melon
Pumpkin - 20xp per Pumpkin

Flowers - 100xp per Flower
Nether Wart - 50px per Wart
Lily Pad - 100xp per Lily Pad
Vines - 10xp per Vine
Cocoa Beans - 30xp per Cocoa Bean
Potatoes - 50xp per Potato
Carrots - 50xp per Carrot

To level up fast, if your server has been running for a very long time, head straight for a Swamp biome that has never been touched, I can guarantee it will be infested with Mushrooms everywhere, whilst you're there, you can even go and harvest the Lily Pads inside of the water. If you don't like searching, I suggest harvesting A LOT of Sugar Cane and Cactus's and making a Cactus and Sugar Cane farm. When you break these, DO NOT BREAK THE CENTER, BREAK THE TOP ONE THEN THE MIDDLE ONE, this gives you the maximum amount of XP (60).

Mining:
This skill is probably the main one most users will ever level us as in Minecraft, you pretty much have to mine a lot. As you're thinking already, yes the more rare the ore, the more XP you get so this will probably be self explanatory.

Stone - 30xp per Block
Sandstone - 30xp per Block
Mossy Cobblestone - 30xp per Block
Glowstone - 30xp per Block
Netherrack - 30xp per Block

Coal Ore - 100xp per Block
Redstone Ore - 150xp per Block
End Stone - 150xp per Block
Obsidian - 150xp per Block

Iron Ore - 250xp per Block
Gold Ore - 350xp per Block
Lapis Lazuli - 400xp per Block
Diamond Ore - 750xp per Block
Emerald Ore - 1000xp per Block

Going by the stats as you can see you should mine ALL ore that is Coal and above, including the nearly useless Gold that everyone likes to leave out.

Woodcutting:
Is another easy skill and self explanatory skill to level up, but something you may not know is different types of Wood give off different types of XP.

Oak Wood - 70xp per Block
Spruce Wood - 80xp per Block
Birch Wood - 90xp per Block

Jungle Wood - 100xp per Block

I assume you all know what each type of wood is by now, since you're reading this guide I'll just quickly mention what each type is. Oak is the normal wood, the same wood that been around all through Minecraft, Spruce is the Wood you find inside of snow biomes, the dark brown one, Birch is the White one and Jungle is the Jungle Trees. So now from this you should know Jungle Trees are GOLD MINES! They're both huge and give you the most amount of XP! I would suggest to go straight to a Jungle Biome and cutting it all down, you'll level up at least one level for awhile from cutting down just one big Jungle Tree.

Unarmed, Swords, Axes andArchery:
All combat levels are things that don't give off exact amount of XP. They can vary from 30 XP and above each kill. The quickest way of achieving a high level would be by setting up a simple zombie mob trap where you have the zombies spawn and flow straight to you (YouTubing Minecraft Mob Trap will bring up many different and simple designs for you to do!). It can vary from what type of skill you want to level up, are you more good at aiming with a bow? Do Archery for the long distance battles so you have less chance of being hurt. Always get caught up but don't have weapons all the time? Level up Unarmed, it can be a very good skill to have as you can get the ability to disarm your opponent, making them to fight unarmed, which in most cases they haven't leveled up at all. Love your PVP combat using tools? Level up Swords or Axes, myself I'd go with Swords as you have the chance of making your enemy bleed, making them lose health every 3 seconds, were as for Axes you have the chance of knocking them far back.

Taming:
Taming is a skill that CAN actually do really good, but nobody has ever really used it before! If your server allows special abilities, you can summon wolves to be able to help you IF you're at a high enough level. This isn't a very popular skill that is used often but researching through this skill, you'll notice it can be really handy if you're in a Factions server when raiding someone.

Wolves - 250xp per Wolf
Ocelots - 500xp per Ocelot

Ocelots are a lot harder to catch, but obviously as they are, you get more xp when you tame them! So try your hardest, although there are a lot of wolves around snowy biomes so you could be earning quicker and more xp through wolves rather than chasing around Ocelots trying to tame them.

Acrobatics:
Acrobatics is a very useful skill, the more you level this skill up the less damage you can take from falling off high places.

90xp per Block Height

4 Blocks High = 90xp
5 Blocks High = 180xp
6 Blocks High = 270xp

Every height gives you more XP, so when you start, find out how high you can jump before you kill yourself, let yourself regenerate that health back and keep going, this will get you a lot of XP and let you level up fast, within 5 minutes of doing this you should have at least gotten up to level 10!

Repair:
Repair is a skill you SHOULD have! Apart from the anvil being in the game, it won't chew up all your Experience Points, instead all you need is the material it's made out of. For example an Iron Sword, you'd need Iron Ingots to be able to repair it, the higher your skill level the better chance you have at repairing it a lot faster and with less materials.

Wooden Tools
Cobblestone Tools

Iron Tools/Armor
Gold Tools/Armor

Diamond Tools/Armor

As obvious as it would be, diamond would get you more XP per repair as it can be hard to dig up diamonds, to get your repair level up fast though I suggest making Iron Armor and tool set, using them all up until they're red and then fully repairing them all. There isn't any exact amount of XP for repair, just like the combat tools. Iron is a very common ore so by doing this you should level up fast, don't repair cobblestone tools, they take forever for you to level up.

Power Level: Now your power level isn't a skill that you can level up, it shows your total overall Level, adding all your levels put together, so say everything was level 0 except Mining and Woodcutting, Mining was at Level 6 and Woodcutting at level 4, your power level would be 10. It isn't really important but it can show you're dedicated to leveling up.

Thank you for reading this guide, if this has helped you a lot a thanks would be appreciated! It took me quite awhile to figure out most of this and write it up but in the end it was worth it. I know I have left some skills out, but the ones I left out are the ones that are hardly ever implemented into servers so I found no use finding out the information for those skill ranks. If there are any errors or extra info that I left out feel free to PM me or reply below with what I missed out and possibly a screenshot or a link to the info (It isn't necessary I can research it myself if needed)

Sources:
Minecraft Server with McMMO

[To see links please register here]

For helping with the XP information.

Very nicely color coded, and well laid out good job on this thread.

Keep up the good work also I used to love McMMO when I frequented minecraft I don't do so much anymore.

Quote:(04-06-2013, 07:00 AM)Flashdrive Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Very nicely color coded, and well laid out good job on this thread.

Keep up the good work also I used to love McMMO when I frequented minecraft I don't do so much anymore.

I've seen people starting to hate it since it's an overpowered plugin against newcomers as when new people come they're weak were as frequent players are strong and stuff, I understand the argument but I still think it's a fair plugin, you just have to play.

Very well written and organized guide. This will help people become pros< 3

Amazing guide, but sadly, I don't really play Minecraft that much.

I had this plugin for my old sever, really never looked at the thread for the actual exp rate.
I might download this and use it for my new world. Dank you sir.

Will be getting McMMO on my server again

Amazing guide.

I hope Oni enables McMMO on the server.