Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 310 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
'Method' is ambiguous for type lookup in this context, Error in Alamofire

I am using Alamofire for network handling in swift and run into one weird error. It seems like we can't pass <b> Method </b> enum as parameter.<br> [Error is on Method parameter]

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

private func apiRequest(method: Method, url: String, apiData: [String : AnyObject], completion:(finished: Bool, response: AnyObject?) ->Void) {

Alamofire.request(method, url, parameters: apiData).responseJSON{ response in
if let JSON = response.result.value {
completion(finished: true, response: JSON)
} else {
completion(finished: false, response:nil)
}
}
}

[1]:

I managed to fix the problem by deleting the Alamofire folder in the pods project manually. Then, I do a "pod install" to reinstall the missing pods.

There are significantly less files in the Alamofire folder after doing this.

Had this error conflict when using "Moya" and when bridging a c framework, fixed it by implicitly adding `Moya.Method` module.

var method: Moya.Method {
switch self {
case .login: return .post
case .register: return .post
}
}

I got this error because my database table name and model class name was same...Issue resolved by renaming model class name.

Change the enum type name to different &...

- Use the `$(inherited)` flag, or
- Remove the build settings from the target.

Target - > building settings- >ALWAYS_EMBED_SWIFT_STANDARD_LIBRARIES, Value type is Boolean, click on the other, change the value to $(inherited)
perform - pod update
Done

then try to run Your project , error will gone ! (I have tried in my project)

enum 'XYZ'ButtonType {

}

The type `Method` is declared in two imported modules. You have to specify the module from which to use the type. Use `Alamofire.Method` instead of `Method`.

**Tip**: If you are using the type often, you can create a type alias in your module (application):

typealias Method = Alamofire.Method

That way you will not need to prefix the type with `Alamofire.` any more.

**Swift 4 and Alamofire 4.7**

Replace `HTTPMethod` to `Alamofire.HTTPMethod`

I have also encountered this problem, because I have declared a number of the same name of the protocol:

protocol SomeProtocol {
static func someTypeMethod()
}

protocol SomeProtocol {
init(someParameter: Int)
}

protocol SomeProtocol {
var mustBeSettable: Int { get set }
var doesNotNeedToBeSettable: Int { get }
}

You may have a class declared in two or more places in your application. The error is saying that there is no conclusive way to use this class because there are a couple different places in the code it is declared.

While the answer to this did fix the build error; in my case, the file showing the warning was in two different frameworks so Xcode did not know where to look. This was not the intended behavior of our internal frameworks so I simply removed the copy I no longer wanted.