Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 354 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
'nvm' is not recognized as an internal or external command Windows

Installed NVM (Node version manager ) for windows from [here][1]. Actually NVM was getting installed in Administrator account. Thought to install it in ```C:\Node\``` directory so it would be found in ```CMD```for user and set environment variable as mentioned [here][2]

But nothing is working for me.

[![enter image description here][3]][3] [![enter image description here][4]][4]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

NVM_HOME and NVM_SYMLINK should be in same path. Below I have linked that system variables
[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

NVM_HOME & NVM_SYMLINK must be in System variables

NVM_HOME = C:\ProgramData\nvm
NVM_SYMLINK = C:\Program Files\nodejs

`%NVM_HOME% , %NVM_SYMLINK%` in the PATH variable under System variables .

For Powershell or command prompt

- Close all ps terminal or cmd
- Re-open in administrator mode
- Run `nvm --version` , you should see the version .
- for cmd , you can check the path using `echo %NVM_HOME%` , that should return the same value as in system variable

1. <https://github.com/coreybutler/nvm-windows/releases>
2. Click on nvm-setup.zip
3. Extract and install it
4. Type the below command to verify if your nvm installation was successful.
$ nvm --version

Restart Windows
---------------

Not perfect solution but in my case restarting the windows worked.

So there are multiple answers here, and between them all, the information required to get NVM working is present, however; it's very frustrating, that people only include single steps in an answer, and are not explicit about it only being a single step, therefore, I have taken much time to rewrite the correct way to solve this issue (or answer this question).

<br><br>

-------------------------------------------------

## ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES ARE REQUIRED!

--------------------------------------------------

###### _I did what the other answers had suggested, but it didn't work, and here's why_...

--------------------------------------------------

<br>

The other answers tell you that you need to add the **Env Variables**...
- #####     **`NVM_SYMLINK`**
- #####     **`NVM_HOME`**

...to your Windows **`PATH`**, which is what the other answers have submitted that you do.

<br>

##### Here is what the other answers fail to mention:

---

You add the PATH Variables using commands with Administrator privileges, which means opening the console with administrative privileges.

It's not difficult:

1. Use the keybinding...
- <kbd>WIN</kbd> + <kbd>R</kbd>

2. The Windows Run box should open, once you see it, type the text next to the bullet below into the text-input box.

- #### `cmd.exe`

3. After you type cmd.exe into the text-input, do not default to clicking the ENTER button, or pressing the ENTER key. Rather than the using the sole ENTER key, you are going to instead use the key-binding below.

- <kbd>CTRL</kbd> + <kbd>SHIFT</kbd> + <kbd>ENTER</kbd>

Once inside, use the following commands.

```

C:\...\...> NVM_HOME = C:\ProgramData\nvm
C:\...\...> NVM_SYMLINK = C:\Program Files\nodejs

```

<br>

###### At this point, `NVM` should work. You can test it by using the command:

```
C:\...\...> node --version

// OUTPUT: v16.13.0 ("should print somthing like this")
```

#### -OR- more simply, just...

```
C:\...\...> node -v

// OUTPUT: v16.13.0 ("should print somthing like this")
```

Novices and first timers do get unpleasantly surprised with these kind of glitches. Actually there should be a message to reboot in Windows. Using nvm version 1.1.9 (Jul 2022), a reboot in Windows does the needful. And then the variables are all set properly, and nvm command works - verified this..Better to install a stable long term release version of node. After rebooting Windows, use the following command to install node (nvm is just a manager and helps switch between versions of node) and make a note of the version it installs:

nvm install lts

And then using the command prompt (Administrator Mode), use the following command to start using the intended version of node - replace version_as_above with whatever was the output version in the install command above:

nvm use <version_as_above>

Check if node works now using :

node -v

Restarting windows worked for me after installing nvm package from above link. No other changes were done.

After I did the previous answers with the PATH and NVM_HOME and NVM_SYMLINK it's not worked for me until I run the cmd via administrator.

- in windows search click "cmd"
- mouse right click "run as administrator"

Then node -v worked!

I have been facing this issue from last two days but couldn't use either nvm or node. Finally I could fix it. Follow below steps without missing any:

1. **Install nvm from here:**

while installing
> you will be asked to **select the location of node**,
> leave it as it is.

> You will be also asked to select the nvm location. Leave it as it is.
> It is usually inside administrator:
> **C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\nvm**

Remember that nvm installed inside administrator user. So other users can't access it.

2. **Once you install nvm. Check the system environment variables.**

> Make sure you have below two in your path:
>
> **NVM_HOME : C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\nvm**
>
> **NVM_SYMLINK : C:\Program Files\nodejs**

If they are not set then set the NVM_HOME and NVM_SYMLINK.

Now the nvm is installed. To verify it, if you open command prompt and enter the 'nvm list' command, it will not show up. Since it is installed under user administrator. This is very important.

3. **Now open the command prompt as - Run As Administrator.**

Now enter the command and verify.

nvm list

If you have any node version already installed then that node version will show up.

Otherwise you can see that nothing is installed. Now enter the command to install a specific node version. Make sure you mention the **arch**(arch is *32-bit or 64 bit*).

nvm install 14.16.1 64-bit

> It will install the node version mentioned. It also installs the npm.

Now you can enter the command to verify the node installations list.

nvm list

Now, nvm is installed, node is installed and npm is also installed. However if you open VSCode terminal and enter the npm it may not work because of the permission issue.

To solve it:

> Select the **nodejs** folder inside **C:/Program Files**

> Right click and select the logged in user.

> Give full permissions.

Now restart VSCode. and try the npm or node or nvm commands. All of them work seamlessly. I hope this is useful to someone.

Let me now if you got any issues in the process.