Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 705 Vote(s) - 3.65 Average
7zip Fastest LZMA2 compression

How can I convert these settings into a command?

![Screenshot of the options on archive creation][1]

[1]:

Archiv format:7z
compression level: Fastest
Compression method: LZMA2
Dictionary size: 64kb
Word size: 32
Solid Block size: 8MB
Number of CPU threads: 30

I tried this:

"7z.exe" a -t7z "F:\BACKUP" "D:\Source" -m0=LZMA2:d=64k

The compression is good but it takes three hours, instead of 1 hour when using the GUI. I looked at the documentation but I couldn't figured it out.

This question would be better asked on [Super User](

[To see links please register here]

) than on Stack Overflow as it is not about programming, just about how to use a command line tool with the correct options for a task.

7-Zip comes with the help file `7-zip.chm` which can be opened with a double click. On help tab __Contents__ there is the list item __Command Line Version__. The first help page to read for usage of 7-Zip from command line is __Command Line Syntax__ displaying at top

> 7z <command> [<switch>...] <base_archive_name> [<arguments>...]

So it should be clear from this line that all the switches should be specified between the character for the command and the archive file name. Switches are supported also later on command line, but it should be nevertheless avoided to specify switches right of archive file name.

The help page __-m (Set compression Method) switch__ is indeed not really easy to understand. There are some examples at bottom of this help page, but the syntax is nevertheless not explained very clear.

I think the command line to use with the wanted options is:

"7z.exe" a -t7z -m0=LZMA2:d64k:fb32 -ms=8m -mmt=30 -mx=1 -- "F:\BACKUP" "D:\Source"

`a` is the command __Add__.

`-t7z` sets the archive type to 7-Zip.

`-m0=LZMA2:d64k:fb32` defines the usage of LZMA2 compression method with a dictionary size of 64 KB and a word size (fast bytes) of 32.

`-ms=8m` enables solid mode with a solid block size of 8 MB.

`-mmt=30` enables multi-threading mode with up to 30 threads.

`-mx=1` selects fastest compressing as level of compression.

`--` stops parsing for other switches on rest of the command line.