Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 252 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
A list of windows COM objects?

Hiya I just want to do some windows script host scripts, and I know that it is possible to interface with this thing called "COM" by using the WScript.createObject() method. What I don't know is what objects are available for instantiating with this method. My google-fu only shows me the thousand and one sophisticated methods available for instantiating and communicating with COM objects. There is one stack overflow answer with a powershell script which supposedly lists /currently available/ com objects. What I am insterested in is a list of objects that can reasonably be expected to be available by default on most machines with some version of windows installed. This appears to be a tall order. In particular what I am interested in is any /default/ available COM objects which may be used for image resizing and cropping. I want to know if this is possible without installing some external third party utility like image magick.

Your best bet is probably to use that powershell script (or <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7007">Microsoft's OLE View</a>) to view what is installed on a machine after a fresh install of Windows.

There is no "standard list", unfortunately. It even changes depending on what version of Windows you have installed. The most comprehensive answer would be to install a collection of Windows OSs (XP, Vista, 7, maybe 8) and find the intersection of the lists.

Alas, that is a lot of work for a basically investigative procedure. If there is a particular component or task you're trying to find out about, you might ask a new question about just that. Or, you could simply try it on some clean installs of Windows.