Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 361 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
A short adventure with Nextbook

So a client comes in to see me and asks if I can crack the activation password on a tablet, I have no idea what he is talking about and say I will give it my best and take the device.
Now I am sitting here with a Nextbook Ares 8A trying to figure out a way to bypass a god damn activation code, like seriously this company has literally locked the device to prevent theft. LOL
So after plugging in and digging through it's internals I am stuck with either two options, either I SE the damn code from support or I try not to brick the damn thing as I root it.
I am of course going to go for the SE so wish me luck and I will post updates of this little adventure into tablet hell, enjoy.

Support has contacted me asking for the DiSa number on the side of the package, now I know how this device was gotten because I know my clients.
Next will come the real bullshit game and I haven't SE'd anything in a long time so wish me luck.

OK now I feel like I am dealing with tech support they just keep repeating theres nothing they can do return to WalMart.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do next cause I have no idea how to bypass this thing without bricking the tablet.

Support for this company is quick, I like that. They replied saying to return the item to WalMart, so I am doubling the pressure.

Isn't there usually a hard reset on these devices?

You can try brute-forcing the activation code, if you know how the activation codes are formed.

Yeah I am looking for how they are formed so I can brute force it, worst comes to worst I will just put into fast boot and install android again.
The company stopped contacting me so I will have to get around to other methods, but I am in no rush cause I will either get 5$ for cracking it or convince the owner to give it to me for free and I prefer the free item LOL.

Trying the bruteforce method, it is a 6 digit code with 0-9 and a * which means it either starts or ends with *, I also dug around the internal files since it somehow is blocking bootloader from allowing me to install a fresh version of android.
Here is the log which I found where it is checking the code against the DiSa on the package which is 1001411995, but I have no idea yet how to make heads or tails of the data.

[Image: VYOQqZO.jpg]

I dont know if its possible but maybe you can try to glitch the activation process and bypass it?

Quote:(05-30-2017, 07:30 PM)n3r0x1d3 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

OK now I feel like I am dealing with tech support they just keep repeating theres nothing they can do

What exactly was said between yourself and them when they concluded that no further assistance Is available?

In the event of forgotten codes, a lot of manufacturers have default/backdoor codes (or a sequence of algorithms), thereby bypass a locked device. If that's the case here, you need to SE them to do just that.