Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 622 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Advanced search with Drupal (Views and CCK)

I'm building a site where products are hold in a content type created with CCK. Products can be associated with multiple taxonomy vocabularities. Now I need an advanced product search which user could use to search by many search arguments (taxonomy terms, CCK field values). I have done quite a lot googling but I haven't been able to find a flexible enough module.

I have been able to create almost all needed features with Views' arguments but haven't been able to find a way to make the search form without my own custom search box. This isn't really the solution I'm looking for.

The question(s) follow:
Is there a proper module for flexible custom searches or is an own module the only way? Is there a module for argument form for Views.

There is a "Faceted Search" module (

[To see links please register here]

) that offers an interesting concept of search, also applicable to CCK fields too.
You can see a demo [here][1].
It rather offers you to select existing value sets (facets) and browse them elegantly, but still it's a search. (Use together with

)

[1]:

Faceted Search and ApacheSolr integration modules are the two (separate) methods I would recommend.

Did you exhaust all of the possibilities of Views exposed filters?

I think you must start using Views API and the hooks provided by views.

Very important is views_get_view. See the docs, load your view and inspect the view with dpm (devel module). You can modify it programmatically and then execute it.

Remember that you can modify the exposed form of your views using hook_form_alter.

Faceted search is a very good choice as everyone said, but views is very flexible and easier.

Hope that helps!