Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 380 Vote(s) - 3.66 Average
Alienware M18x vs. Razer Blade

Right now I'm between a rock and a hard place. I have two excellent (by most people's standards) laptops and I can't seem to choose which one I want as my flagship. I may sell the one I don't use. Currently I have an Alienware M18x and a Razer Blade. If my decision was only based on the hardware specifications, I would choose the M18x without a doubt. However, the big difference between them is mobility and age of hardware. Hopefully you guys can provide input.

I have had the Alienware M18x for about 2-3 years now, so it has a bit of wear. It is still in perfect condition, since I take excellent care of my machines. However, the Razer Blade is much newer and I've only used it for about a month or two. When holding the Razer Blade, you can feel how much lighter it is and it is extremely noticeable. I would say it weighs half as much as the Alienware (if not less). For someone that moves around a lot (like me) the Razer Blade is an ideal laptop.

Specifications

Alienware M18x
32gb RAM
500gb RAID (2x Samsung 256gb SSDs)
Intel i7 2670QM 2.0ghz+ CPU
AMD Radeon 6970M GPU

Razer Blade
8gb RAM
500gb + 64gb SSD w/ cache acceleration
Intel i7 3632QM 2.0ghz+ CPU
Nvidia Geforce 660M GPU

The Alienware definitely wins based off of hardware specifications, but it's also a couple of years old, and twice as heavy. The Razer Blade is extremely light, new, and the hardware specifications aren't absolutely terrible. Which laptop would you go with if you could pick between them?

Note: Keep the Alienware/Razer hate out of the thread. I've had both laptops for a decent amount of time and there have been few issues (with the exception of hard-drive issues on the Blade).

In my opinion, the Alienware one looks alright but if you're going to buy a heavy, stationary, notebook get the

[To see links please register here]

G75 or the G76 when it comes out. I think Asus makes good notebooks because their cooling is fa nominal. But with both the Alienware and Razorblade, they probably will require a cooling pad at all times. I have one of the older notebooks and I can still run my games at fair and lot temperatures.