Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 496 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Alternatives to Toad

I'm currently using [Toad][1] for my day-to-day work on our databases (queries, updates, small scripts, browsing of db objects, etc.).

My question is: since my version of Toad is old and buggy, which are the (possibly free, but not necessarily) alternatives to Toad?

The database versions we are using are 10g and 9i.

Thanks a lot.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

PLSQL Developer very good for Oracle DBMS, specifically for Stored Proc, but not so well for the DBMS management.

Oracle's [SQL Developer][1].

[1]:

I've used [Squirrel-SQL][1] (which is a Java/JDBC based program and will work with any OS or database that provides a driver) and the [database development tools for Eclipse (Eclipse-DTP)][2]. Both are certainly sufficient for light database work. Both are free and open-source.

[1]:

[2]:

I would also recommend Oracle's SQL Developer, however I've found [WinSQL][1] to be quite good as well. SQL Developer is free and WinSQL has a community version that is quite robust, and works well against other platforms too (I also use it for working with Netezza).

[1]:

"WinSQL"

PL/SQL Developer from

. Presented between a choice between Toad and PL/SQL developer, about half the developers prefer PL/SQL developer. I have to admit the code completion in PL/SQL developer is much better, but I still prefer Toad for the DBMS management functionality.

Just to throw it out there - did you know you can grab the beta of Toad 4.1 and use that for free? The betas are always free to the public.

Worked with PL/SQL developer. It rocks.

I've used Embarcadero DBArtisan (not free)

I thought it was good.

I've used OraDeveloper by DevArt to connect to Oracle databases. It's nice because it plugs into Visual Studio in much the same way as the SQL Server databases can be queried through Server Explorer. It is not free, but in our case it came free with the purchase of OraDirect .Net, which is a new provider that allows Oracle to work with Microsoft's Entity Framework.