Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 919 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Amazon Refund UK FTID

Do you guys usually use the bubble envelope, or a simple a5 envelope? I keep on seeing that people are using a bubble envelope, but surely a simple envelope (that would more obviously be spam) would be put in the trash without a second look, more than a bubble envelope?! What's the reasoning behind the bubble envelope?

And if I'm using Royal Mail to send the "package" back, is it better to leave it in a postbox or going to the post office? Would the clerk be wary of a label with missing info, or would he not care?

Moved from the Market Discussion forum to Social Engineering.

My view on the so-called flawed FTID Is clear, so I won't comment on It.

Quote:(12-16-2020, 07:04 PM)Luckily789 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Do you guys usually use the bubble envelope, or a simple a5 envelope? I keep on seeing that people are using a bubble envelope, but surely a simple envelope (that would more obviously be spam) would be put in the trash without a second look, more than a bubble envelope?! What's the reasoning behind the bubble envelope?

And if I'm using Royal Mail to send the "package" back, is it better to leave it in a postbox or going to the post office? Would the clerk be wary of a label with missing info, or would he not care?

The clerk won’t care. I sent mine back from a post office inside a local shop, not the ac till post office in the uk. My refund is still pending from amazon after 2 weeks - I will wait till Christmas Eve before I contact them hoping they will just do it during this time.

Depending on the item, you will get a refund from amazon within 1-2 hour of the label being scanned from post office.. other items (expensive) require them to be seen before a refund is made, and that’s where I’m at.

Quote:(12-17-2020, 04:45 AM)mothered Wrote:

It works with UPS 100% - because ups don’t track delivery to specific door/ adress. Hey only track to general area and then get a “signature” - Inknow this works because I’ve done it.

Royal Mail track it down to door number delivered to so it’s difficult to do it to.

Quote:(12-17-2020, 01:40 PM)ElieMK Wrote:

Quote: (12-17-2020, 04:45 AM)mothered Wrote:

It works with UPS 100% - because ups don’t track delivery to specific door/ adress. Hey only track to general area and then get a “signature” - Inknow this works because I’ve done it.
Royal Mail track it down to door number delivered to so it’s difficult to do it to.
It's never 100%.

Quote:(12-17-2020, 01:40 PM)ElieMK Wrote:

If the tracking Is not specific, how does It reach Its destination? There's a lot that happens Internally- unbeknownst to consumers.

Unlike FedEx that utilizes Independent contractors, UPS operates on a single network and services goods solely via their employees. Packages are scanned and collected, then taken to their center/depot, scanned again, and segregated Into ground & air services. If It's air, It's scanned yet again and shipped to their airport facilities and If need be, distributed to another airport until It reaches their local distribution center. From there, the package Is scanned, loaded Into the truck and dispatched to Its final destination- whereby Its scanned for the last time prior to dropping It off.

That's a basic example with only one center & hub. The package was scanned "5 times" In total, so to suggest that the so-called flawed FTID will circumvent It "100%" of the time, Is very misleading, exaggerated and totally Inaccurate.

Quote:(12-17-2020, 02:20 PM)green314 Wrote:

It's never 100%.
This ^

Enough said.

Quote:(12-17-2020, 03:33 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-17-2020, 01:40 PM)ElieMK Wrote:

If the tracking Is not specific, how does It reach Its destination? There's a lot that happens Internally- unbeknownst to consumers.

Unlike FedEx that utilizes Independent contractors, UPS operates on a single network and services goods solely via their employees. Packages are scanned and collected, then taken to their center/depot, scanned again, and segregated Into ground & air services. If It's air, It's scanned yet again and shipped to their airport facilities and If need be, distributed to another airport until It reaches their local distribution center. From there, the package Is scanned, loaded Into the truck and dispatched to Its final destination- whereby Its scanned for the last time prior to dropping It off.

That's a basic example with only one center & hub. The package was scanned "5 times" In total, so to suggest that the so-called flawed FTID will circumvent It "100%" of the time, Is very misleading, exaggerated and totally Inaccurate.

Quote:(12-17-2020, 02:20 PM)green314 Wrote:

It's never 100%.
This ^

Enough said.

Can’t deny the fact that it’s worked with me with ups. So out of my own experience, it has 100% worked with me with ups

Quote:(12-17-2020, 05:24 PM)ElieMK Wrote:

Can’t deny the fact that it’s worked with me with ups. So out of my own experience, it has 100% worked with me with ups
Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your very own experience, but rather stated how UPS operates from an Internal standpoint.

If reps and carrier drivers are half-asleep on the job or neglect to follow company protocol or simply couldn't care less, any entity can be SEd.

Quote:(12-18-2020, 02:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-17-2020, 05:24 PM)ElieMK Wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your very own experience, but rather stated how UPS operates from an Internal standpoint.

If reps and carrier drivers are half-asleep on the job or neglect to follow company protocol or simply couldn't care less, any entity can be SEd.

Without derailing the thread too much, is there a reason why you call the FTID flawed?

Quote:(12-18-2020, 07:22 AM)LonYinLo Wrote:

Without derailing the thread too much, is there a reason why you call the FTID flawed?
As stated In my blog.

Over 7k views In the post Itself, and not one comment opposing Its content. That said, It's not all negative- I've documented one method that may work.

Quote:(12-18-2020, 09:09 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-18-2020, 07:22 AM)LonYinLo Wrote:

As stated In my blog.

Over 7k views In the post Itself, and not one comment opposing Its content. That said, It's not all negative- I've documented one method that may work.

Had the exact same thoughts about the discrepancy of the weight, why wouldn't a company check with the carrier and autoreject it? Thanks for the reply, been meaning to make an attempt on a JohnLewis Macbook SE

Edit: This is off topic but I was wondering what happens if a DNA/missing item from box SE fails? So if the company refuses to give a refund, since you now can't return it, presumably your course of action is to continue pursuing or give up?