Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 396 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Animate MapKit annotation coordinate change in Swift?

When using MapKit in iOS 8 in Swift, how do I make it possible to animate a change in the map position of a custom annotation? I am saying this:

UIView.animateWithDuration(0.25) {
var loc = ann.coordinate
loc.latitude = loc.latitude + 0.0005
loc.longitude = loc.longitude + 0.001
ann.coordinate = loc
}

...where `ann` is a custom annotation, MyAnnotation. The annotation is jumping, not animating, to the new coordinate position.

**The annoying thing is that the animation works perfectly _if I write MyAnnotation in Objective-C_. But if I write it in Swift, I don't get the animation any more!**

Just FYI, here is my Swift code for MyAnnotation:

class MyAnnotation : NSObject, MKAnnotation {
var coordinate : CLLocationCoordinate2D
var title: String!
var subtitle: String!

init(location coord:CLLocationCoordinate2D) {
self.coordinate = coord
super.init()
}
}

You almost have it right! Just change this line in your MyAnnotation implementation:

var coordinate : CLLocationCoordinate2D

to this:

dynamic var coordinate : CLLocationCoordinate2D

That will fix it.

Why does this matter? Because annotation animation relies on KVO (key value observing). In Swift, a property is not key value observable unless it is marked as `dynamic`. (To get a little more technical, that in turn is because KVO observation works by swizzling the implementation of the property setter method - the runtime reaches right into your class and changes that property's setter code. But in Swift, it can't do that unless you explicitly mark the property as `dynamic`.)