Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 300 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
Anyone who use OpenVPN & Windows? (opening port, forwarding)

Hello,

i have been asking about this also on other forums including OpenVPN forum, but unable to solve this, so i try to ask You guys here in networking section.

I am on Windows and using OpenVPN gui app to connect remote Linux server of mine which serve as my proxy to the internet.

The problem is that torrent trackers show me as a "passive" not "active" and P2P dirrect connect network show me as firewalled. In computer game i am unable to connect some players.

How to make myself active?

I assume i need to open ports my apps using and forward port/s on router (maybe).

- The Linux VPN server has all connections allowed, so i do not think i need to open port. But maybe i need to forward (i do not know exact iptables commands).
- the home router allows some kind of port forwarding from it to my computer private/LAN IP - i already setup that though no change.
- Windows PC has Comodo firewall and Windows firewall and in both i tried to allow that port, though issue remains

i am quite lost now not knowing where on the way is the problem.

You could try installing upnp on it so it acts like a router and would auto port forward if an app on your PC asks for it :smile: I have tried briefly to set it up but I have other thing taking my time at the moment. Hope this helps :smile:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:(04-25-2018, 11:07 AM)Num5kull Wrote:

You could try installing upnp on it so it acts like a router and would auto port forward if an app on your PC asks for it :smile: I have tried briefly to set it up

This will actually work quite well.

In terms of the router, It must support UPnP Port Forward and the same applies to apps- they can communicate with the OS and request the ports they want forwarding.

Hi, thank You both, i alas can not yet confirm if your suggestions regarding upnp works, because i have not found any tutorial to follow, except

But the iptables rules they mentioned NOT worked to forward connections or make port appear like open. I have CentOS and so i could not use advised package

which is for ubuntu and i asked on

, but got no suggestion of any

If you guys know about any general Linux tutorial to apply upnp on my CentOS OpenVPN Linux server, please kindly let me know. It is hard for me to believe i was unable to find a tutorial to solve this important issue. (opening port/port-forwarding on an OpenVPN server) 8-I

SOLUTION:
For bittorrent and other P2P apps it is about opening single port used for incoming connections, this port is usually defined in app settings.

Here is how to open that port (should be higher number in lower tens of thousand( like 23789, 55333).

On Linux VPN server:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o venet0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i venet0 -p tcp --dport 1234 -j DNAT --to 10.8.0.2:1234

1234 - port to open, properly forward its connections into the tunnel. Range can be defined like this: --dport 1234:1240 and the "--to" would miss the port and only IP possibly.
10.8.0.2 - local IP address of the OpenVPN client network interface/adapter (shown by the OpenVPN client software and also in "ipconfig" Windows command output; may be different, like 10.8.0.3)
venet0 - Linux server network interface name (usually one with most traffic reported by "ifconfig" command, often "eth0")
tcp - connection type. there is also for example "udp", it may be needed to add one more rule separately for udp if is needed

Open yours defined port also on client/firewall. If it works, save iptables rules so it is restored after reboot.
Details are on

(will work once you run

).