Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 570 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Archaeology - First New Skill in 4 Years

It's been about 4 years since Invention was added. The new skill will be added at the beginning of 2020.

Quote:RuneScape 3 announced its 28th skill, Archaeology, will be released in January 2020.

The game's first new skill in four years, Archaeology will see you excavating dig sites across the world of Gielinor to uncover powerful weapons and lost artefacts.

Despite the introduction of The Land Out of Time, finally taking RuneScape 3 players to Fossil Island, 2019 has felt like a slow year for new content. The majority of updates, such as bank placeholders, have been quality of life updates and the planned Weapon Diversity update was cancelled.

Archaeology, however, allows RuneScape 3 players to enter 2020 with the assurance that there is a host of new content coming their way. Especially since 2020 also promises a number of quests, including a City of Senntisten quest and a planned Azzanadra quest.

If you play RuneScape, then you know that both of these quests are likely to involve the Archaeology skill. Especially since all that remains of Senntisiten are the ruins that lie east of Varrock, where the game's original dig site can be found.

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

Wiki Page:

[To see links please register here]

!

I wasn't expecting it to be archaeology - Though I'm not sure what I would have expected. I'm wondering how this would work - For example, skills such as woodcutting and fletching tend to go hand in hand. I wonder if the archaeology will tie in with mining, then cleaning items (like you do at the Varrock Museum) or perhaps even dungeoneering/agility (I'm picturing some Indiana Jones tomb raiding type stuff).