Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 486 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Assembly as a first language?

Woah there, please put down the pitchforks and torches. Hehe, but seriously, this thought crossed my mind. Would it be impossible to start out on Assembly? Assuming the challenger was a good learner and already understood a lot of programming concepts well. What would be the difference between someone who started with Assembly then learned Python (for example), and someone who started on Python then learned Assembly?

First, define "start out". If someone already understood lots of concepts behind programming, have they not already started? Irrespective of that, I wouldn't recommend learning Assembly to start, or even in the first year or two after starting. It's not easy to learn in the slightest even for someone who's been programming for years, and there's loads more to remember than nearly every other language (not including standard libraries and such), except maybe Haskell.

The absolute lowest-level language I would recommend to start out with is C.

Before you decide to do this, just know that learning assembly is completely different from learning any other compiled/scripting/anything programming language you've ever learned, not to mention that it's not something that a person could just "do" because he or she wants to. To learn, understand, and be able to utilize assembly requires talent, unlike almost every other language. You seem like a faggot, but if you think you have the guts, go for it.

Yeah, assembly really isn't the best language to start out. It would be difficult and might even encourage bad habits since it's so radically different from other programming languages.

C is definitely the lowest-level language to start with. I'd tackle assembly after learning some C, and maybe another higher level language like Python.

Quote:(01-12-2017, 01:42 AM)Hoss Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (01-12-2017, 01:39 AM)meow Wrote:

Quote: (01-12-2017, 01:38 AM)Hoss Wrote:

I would recommend that you learn it WITH something like C (not ++) so you get some experience with higher level languages

>C
>high level

What the fuck are you smoking?

I meant in terms of something above assembly language. If he learns C, he at least has a base-level foundation for C++ or Java.

Oh, okay then.

Quote:(01-11-2017, 01:13 AM)meow Wrote:

You seem like a faggot, but if you think you have the guts, go for it.
by far the best thing I've read in a while lol

OP: I don't see anything wrong with learning assembly as your first language. I would recommend that you learn it WITH something like C (not ++) so you get some experience with higher level languages. If you decide to learn assembly I recommend the NASM assembler, it's what I use and it has never let me down (uses Intel syntax which is easiest to read in my opinion).

Good luck with what ever you decide OP.

Quote:(01-12-2017, 01:38 AM)Hoss Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2017, 01:13 AM)meow Wrote:

I would recommend that you learn it WITH something like C (not ++) so you get some experience with higher level languages

>C
>high level

Quote:(01-12-2017, 01:39 AM)meow Wrote:

Quote: (01-12-2017, 01:38 AM)Hoss Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2017, 01:13 AM)meow Wrote:

>C
>high level

I meant in terms of something above assembly language. If he learns C, he at least has a base-level foundation for C++ or Java.

I don't see a reason to put yourself through the struggle of learning Assembly first. For most, it would be discouraging to start off with and ruin your desire to continue programming. Next, you'll have to choose a specific architecture to focus on which may or may not ever be useful to you afterwards besides the low-level understanding you gained of computers as a side-effect. I'd much rather start off with something more immediately useful.

Read what @

said, I guess it's possible, but there is no reason to do it.

90% of the stuff you can do in assembly you can also do in C

Assembly helps you with really low level stuff, and reverse-engineering, but overall, you should start with something higher-level.