Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 594 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
BO2 Tips and Tricks[Including League Play]

Now, I know there is already a sticky, but I'm posting my own little tips and tricks. There is really only ONE thing that is going to be on both threads.

Table of Contents:

Public Matches

1.0: XP tips
1.1: Guns
1.2: Perks and Class layouts
1.3: Scorestreaks

League Play

2.0: Guns
2.1: Perks and Class layouts
2.2: Scorestreaks

Public Matches

1.0: XP(Experience Points)

If you're new to Call of Duty, you probably don't know how the ranking system works. The ranking system is based off of Experience Points, which are commonly referred to as "XP". You earn XP when you kill people, capture/hold objectives, call in scoretreaks and get scorestreak assists.

One of the easiest ways to get XP is to play the new gamemode Hardpoint. Whenever you CAPTURE the objective you get 200 XP. BUT, its if you're the first one to capture it. When the enemy gets on the hardpoint, the xp basically RESETS. Which basically means that by killing them and re-capturing the hardpoint, you get 325 points(125 for killing the enemy and 200 for capturing the opjective).

Another way to get XP is challenges! Not many people take this into mind, but by doing challenges, you can get LOTS and LOTS of XP. A prime example is getting the Mastery for Weapons, you get 20,000 XP for getting those 3 challenges!

And the final way is to just play gametype(s) that suit you. If you don't like playing a gametype, then don't. Playing a gametype you don't like will probably make you NOT want to play, which when wanting to get XP, is something you don't want to happen :A

1.1 Guns

Guns are what help you get kills and scorestreaks! Some of the most commonly used guns are the PDW, MSMC, Remington R870, FAL, Skorpion EVO and the Type 25. If you enjoy being on the top of your team, and getting long gunstreaks, then the common weapons are for you. If you're someone who enjoys playing, but being adventurous with guns, then you probably don't have any specifics. I would suggest using these guns because of the fact that they are the most OP(Overpowered), which means they have the fastest kill times/damage. BUT, if you're looking for a gun that can counter the PDW and all those guns, I'd personally suggest the MP7. This gun might feel like its crap, but trust me its not, it has a fast fire rate and a higher damage then almost ALL the SMGs.

Prefire. If you have a UAV or a Orbital VSAT up, and you know someone is coming around the corner, PREFIRE. The name means exactly what the action is, shoot before they even know what happened! It gives you a advantage, compared to if you waited till he/she saw you. Its a really helpful technique. While it might seem cheesy, it can help you get that high scorestreak you've never gotten before!

Attachments. Attachments also play a huge role when it comes to getting kills, or just using your gun in general. Lets say you don't like the sight on your gun, change it! There are so many combos that let you customize your gun, YOUR WAY. I would recommend using Fast Mags, Stock and Silencer or Fast Mag, Stock, Quickdraw on a SMG and then using Fast Mags, Stock and Red Dot or Fast Mag, Stock, Silencer on a Assault Rifle(AR). While you might be questioning me like "why should I use stalk?", well here's why. Stock helps you STRAFE faster(moving left to right in a manor to "dodge" bullets), which could help you take out your enemies without taking lots of damage, and on SMGs(which already have a fast strafe), you can out gun someone with EASE.

1.2 Perks and Class layouts

Well, to start off, this is going to be based on your play style.

If you're someone who goes around getting kills, and not really worrying about the win, these are the perk setups for you as well as equipment I recommend.

Perk 1: Lightweight
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning
Lethal: C4
Tactical: Stun/Shock Charge
Primary: -------
Secondary: --------
Perk 1 Greed: Ghost/Flak Jacket
Perk 2 Greed: Toughness
And the last slot is up to you

If you're someone who plays the objective sometimes and still runs around getting kills, the same setup from the last example.

If you're a objective based player, and are the guy who doesn't care about his Kill/Death ratio and only about your wins, this is what I would use:

Perk 1: Flak Jacket
Perk 2: Hardwired/Cold Blooded
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Tactical: Shock Charge/EMP
Primary: -----
Secondary: -----
And the rest is up to you

1.3 Scorestreaks
There are many combinations that I'd use, but I'm going to narrow it down to my top 3.

1: UAV, CUAV, VSAT

This combo is probably the best when playing hardpoint because if you combine that with scorestreak assists, you can get your scorestreaks with ease.

2: VSAT, K9, DOGS

If you're looking for a way to get a high kill/death ratio, then this is the setup for you. But if you can't get a high gunstreak than this isn't for you, unless you are using the hardpoint trick.

3: UAV, VSAT, K9/Swarm

This is more of support class, but also is a lethal class. If its a open airspace map then I'd suggest swarm(e.g Carrier). But if its a small map with lots of buildings, then I'd suggest dogs(e.g Slums). If you don't worry TO MUCH about your KD, and like XP, then this is the one for you.

League Play

2.0 Guns

Guns Guns Guns, one of the main things that matters in COD. League play is a whole new ball game compared to Public Matches. There are two series'(Team Deathmatch and Champion). I'd recommend people who aren't competitive go play the Team Deathmatch series, and if you're a competitive person, go to Champion but people have different preferences.

But back to guns, you can't just run around with every gun. You need OP/Semi-OP weapons to run around with. And you shouldn't be running around, you should make sure that you are taking advantage of your surroundings because most of the people that play League Play are pretty damn good.

Always always remember this, DO NOT run out unless you know that you have some type of advantage over the enemy team.

2.1 Perks and Class Layout
First things first, always have DEAD SILENCE as your 3rd perk.

If you're a slayer(get most of the kills/defend the OBJ player) this is for you:

Perk 1:Lightweight
Perk 2: Scavenger/Toughness
Perk 3: DEAD SILENCE
Lethal: C4/Frag
Tactical: Concussion/Shock Charge
Primary: -----
Secondary: -----
Perk 1 Greed: Ghost
Perk 3 Greed: Awareness
The last slot is up to you

If you're the OBJ player then this is probably a setup you would like:

Perk 1: Lightweight
Perk 2: -----
Perk 3: DEAD SILENCE
Lethal: Bouncing Betty/Claymores
Tactical: Smoke/EMP/Shock Charge
Primary: ---
Secondary: ---
Perk 1 Greed: Ghost
Perk 3 Greed: Extreme Conditioning
The last slot is up to you

These are the main two roles in League Play, so these are the two class setups I would use.

2.2 Scorestreaks
The are only TWO setups for score streaks I would use which are:

1. UAV, CUAV, VSAT

This setups is one here just because OBJ/Support plays a HUGE role when it comes to League Play. If you have no support, you basically lost there and then.

2. Lightning Strike/Hellstorm Missle/----

This is basically an assault based form of Support, its a good way to clear out multiple targets from one area, or in general

Thank you for taking the time to read this, this took me about 2 1/2 hours to write, so constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Dang... a lot of reading but some good tips. Thanks man.

Some really good tips! I vouche for this user. He is a monster at CoD. : )

Quote:(03-30-2013, 06:07 AM)Legendary Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Dang... a lot of reading but some good tips. Thanks man.

Not a problem, my job on this site is to be helpful...sometimes : P

Quote:(03-30-2013, 06:54 AM)Money Wrote:

Some really good tips! I vouche for this user. He is a monster at CoD. : )

Tank you bro! And I'm not a monster, I've just been playing for a while('07): P: $

Awesome topic. Great addition. Keep it up man!

Nice thread bro. : ) I think you should put colors in it seems kinda boring if it's all grey ; )

Quote:(03-30-2013, 04:14 PM)ABC Wrote:

Thanks bro, and I would put colors, but I'm honestly to damn lazy ; (

Laziness will get you nowhere brotha. ; )

Quote:(03-30-2013, 10:43 AM)OversouL Wrote:

Nice thread bro. : ) I think you should put colors in it seems kinda boring if it's all grey ; )

Thanks bro, and I would put colors, but I'm honestly to damn lazy ; (

Nice guide.
I'm pretty sure this will help Bo2 Beginners become pros.
Well Done.

Quote:(03-30-2013, 11:32 PM)Sunlight Wrote:

Nice guide.
I'm pretty sure this will help Bo2 Beginners become pros.
Well Done.

Thanks sunlight, I'm slowly getting done with my weapons and scorestreaks topic as well. Tomorrow, I'm finishing LMGs.