Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 321 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Best upgrade - HDD to SSD

I'm so stupid, i used to use a 1TB HDD with max w/r speeds of 30Mb. i always thought it was my gpu/cpu that was mid tiered as to why it took about 2 minutes to open Opera GX.. and about 5 minutes for the computer to turn on. One day i thought to myself, why not get an SSD? and believe me it was the best upgrade ever bro, now my pc turns on in about 10 seconds, opera opens in under a second, if you guys have an HDD make sure to upgrade to SSD! I'm still on 8gb ram tho... hoping to make that 32 soon!

Quote: if you guys have an HDD make sure to upgrade to SSD!
Absolutely.

All my laptops are running NVMe SSDs, and their performance Is second to none - 8 seconds on a cold boot. I don't know how I managed dealing with HDDs for years.

Quote:(01-11-2023, 11:23 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: if you guys have an HDD make sure to upgrade to SSD!
Absolutely.

All my laptops are running NVMe SSDs, and their performance Is second to none - 8 seconds on a cold boot. I don't know how I managed dealing with HDDs for years.

Same man ?? I used to think that HDD's and SSD's had only a small difference for about 2 or so years. So happy i made the upgrade i can't lie, do you think i should upgrade the RAM tho? is 8 not enough in 2023?

Quote:(01-11-2023, 11:26 AM)ayrotakesws Wrote:

Same man ?? I used to think that HDD's and SSD's had only a small difference for about 2 or so years. So happy i made the upgrade
Exactly the same on my end.

I didn't realize how sluggish my HDDs were until I upgraded to SSDs.

do you think i should upgrade the RAM tho? is 8 not enough in 2023?
If your usage Is using MS Paint and hitting a few Likes on Facebook, stick with 8GB.

On a serious note, It's nowhere near enough Ram nowadays. If you want to run tasks smoothly (not VMs), 16 GB Is the minimum.
Even better with this (my laptop typing this post):

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(01-11-2023, 11:41 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2023, 11:26 AM)ayrotakesws Wrote:

Same man ?? I used to think that HDD's and SSD's had only a small difference for about 2 or so years. So happy i made the upgrade
Exactly the same on my end.

I didn't realize how sluggish my HDDs were until I upgraded to SSDs.

do you think i should upgrade the RAM tho? is 8 not enough in 2023?
If your usage Is using MS Paint and hitting a few Likes on Facebook, stick with 8GB.

On a serious note, It's nowhere near enough Ram nowadays. If you want to run tasks smoothly (not VMs), 16 GB Is the minimum.
Even better with this (my laptop typing this post):

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Yeah, i guess i gotta upgrade my RAM cos i'm not hitting likes anymore bro, need to use heavy photoshop, use VM's and things etc. Sad that i've only got 8 gigs, will invest into 32 like yours soon!
[Image: 4LEJtiV.png]
Even my cpu ain't too good, what CPU and GPU do you have by any chance? lol

I'm currently using an i3 10100f, and a gtx 1650

Quote:(01-11-2023, 12:03 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2023, 11:52 AM)ayrotakesws Wrote:

need to use heavy photoshop, use VM's and things etc. Sad that i've only got 8 gigs, will invest into 32 like yours soon!
Be sure your MOBO can accommodate 32GB.

Quote:(01-11-2023, 11:52 AM)ayrotakesws Wrote:

CPU - Core I9 11900H
GPU - GTX 3070

[Image: X7DKbmX.png]

Looks like you've got a powerful one there mate, and yeh, my mobo supports 64gigs unbuffered ddr4, will probably go with 32gb! ik this isn't the place to ask, you think it's possible to se a cpu like yours easily? you know man needs that upgrade lol

Quote: (01-11-2023, 11:58 AM)ruonis55 Wrote:

I had a laptop with a hdd for a longtime , and only in 2020 I upgraded to computer with SSD. The performance was different like day and night. I don't want to go back to the times were I had a slow pentium laptop, with little games to play or browser that loads after some minutes. I know there are people that use HDD till these, may school computers had HDD, but they were new.

Same mate, i used to use a laptop manufactured from 2006 believe it or not, well i grew up in Algeria, makes sense lol, now i'm in the UK, up till 2020 i used a 2006 laptop with no GPU, and some rando CPU. I think an AMD Athlon X2. The first 64 bit CPU that was dual core... that's how old it was. it was my dads old one, and in 2020 i got a new gaming pc which was pretty cheap but did the job. and now i've upgraded to an ssd, difference was crazy as you said!

I had a laptop with a hdd for a longtime , and only in 2020 I upgraded to computer with SSD. The performance was different like day and night. I don't want to go back to the times were I had a slow pentium laptop, with little games to play or browser that loads after some minutes. I know there are people that use HDD till these, may school computers had HDD, but they were new.

need to use heavy photoshop, use VM's and things etc. Sad that i've only got 8 gigs, will invest into 32 like yours soon!
Be sure your MOBO can accommodate 32GB.

CPU - Core I9 11900H
GPU - GTX 3070

[Image: X7DKbmX.png]

Quote:(01-11-2023, 12:06 PM)ayrotakesws Wrote:

Looks like you've got a powerful one there mate
Yes, It handles almost everything I throw at It.

and yeh, my mobo supports 64gigs unbuffered ddr4, will probably go with 32gb!
32 GB Is a very wise choice.

My other laptop (VM box) Is running 64 GB, and the performance Is outstanding.

ik this isn't the place to ask, you think it's possible to se a cpu like yours easily? you know man needs that upgrade lol
Create a thread In the Social Engineering forum and we'll take It from there.

Quote:(01-11-2023, 11:58 AM)ruonis55 Wrote:

I remember my good old Pentium 100 running the 16-bit Windows 3.1 back In the mid 90s.

It literally took around 4-5 minutes to fully boot up.

Same mate, i used to use a laptop manufactured from 2006 believe it or not, well i grew up in Algeria, makes sense lol, now i'm in the UK, up till 2020 i used a 2006 laptop with no GPU, and some rando CPU. I think an AMD Athlon X2. The first 64 bit CPU that was dual core... that's how old it was. it was my dads old one, and in 2020 i got a new gaming pc which was pretty cheap but did the job. and now i've upgraded to an ssd, difference was crazy as you said!
You can't do without an SSD nowadays.

In terms of old laptops, I still have my Compaq from 1992. Believe It or not, the battery life Is close to 20 minutes which Is pretty good for Its age.

Quote:(01-11-2023, 02:53 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2023, 12:06 PM)ayrotakesws Wrote:

Looks like you've got a powerful one there mate
Yes, It handles almost everything I throw at It.

and yeh, my mobo supports 64gigs unbuffered ddr4, will probably go with 32gb!
32 GB Is a very wise choice.

My other laptop (VM box) Is running 64 GB, and the performance Is outstanding.

ik this isn't the place to ask, you think it's possible to se a cpu like yours easily? you know man needs that upgrade lol
Create a thread In the Social Engineering forum and we'll take It from there.

Quote:(01-11-2023, 11:58 AM)ruonis55 Wrote:

I remember my good old Pentium 100 running the 16-bit Windows 3.1 back In the mid 90s.

It literally took around 4-5 minutes to fully boot up.

You can't do without an SSD nowadays.

In terms of old laptops, I still have my Compaq from 1992. Believe It or not, the battery life Is close to 20 minutes which Is pretty good for Its age.

Damn bro the windows 3.1 looking good fr, how much was it when you bought it retail you'd think? Also 20 mins of battery life is really good, my dads laptop battery is dead and it's a laptop from 2013, the 2006 one somehow has a working battery still lasting an hour or 2. but it has a gpu error where the whole screen turns green after turning it on for about 3 mins, wonder if that's fixable lol. Also, how do u quote a message?