Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 440 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Joomla database migration

I have a Joomla website but I have to admit that it is a mess. I've played with files I shouldn't have been playing with. Therefore I'd like to start over with a fresh installation. But I also don't want to lose my content.

Will it be enough to tell the new installation to use the old database? Or will that break it?

You have 2 option

1. Start a new installation on the same database and use a different
PREFIX on tables (like newjoo_)
2. make a bck folder, move existent folders and file in it, copy new
file on the root of your FTP and use the OLD configuration.php file
(so you have new files and old db)

*with the last solution you have a fresh installation but you dont have all old installed extension. you have to reinstall them (and you could have some conflict with existent data)