Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 659 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo with iOS 13

Apple changed some things regarding WiFi with iOS 13. If you want to use CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo your app needs to have one of the following

- Apps with permission to access location
- Your app is the currently enabled VPN app
- Your app configured the WiFi network the device is currently using via NEHotspotConfiguration

Source: WWDC 19 session 713

I am configuring a network using NEHotspotConfiguration but I can not get the current SSID anymore after doing so.

The following code worked fine with iOS 12:

/// retrieve the current SSID from a connected Wifi network
private func retrieveCurrentSSID() -> String? {
let interfaces = CNCopySupportedInterfaces() as? [String]
let interface = interfaces?
.compactMap { [weak self] in self?.retrieveInterfaceInfo(from: $0) }
.first

return interface
}

/// Retrieve information about a specific network interface
private func retrieveInterfaceInfo(from interface: String) -> String? {
guard let interfaceInfo = CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo(interface as CFString) as? [String: AnyObject],
let ssid = interfaceInfo[kCNNetworkInfoKeySSID as String] as? String
else {
return nil
}
return ssid
}

With iOS 13 `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` always returns nil.

My app has the Access WiFi Information Capability set.

Thanks for your help!

Seems silly, but in some cases one must reboot to get this to work properly even though this worked fine before the in case the iOS 13 beta update.

see also at:

[To see links please register here]

I had same issue from iOS 13.0 but it seems that apple fixed in 13.3
The requirement in the doc that it should be either a network added by the app or that location should be enabled or that app had an active VPN did not work for 13.1 13.1 13.2

**I believe that you match one of the following condition which is suggested by Apple:**

> 1 :Apps with permission to access location
>
> 2 :Your app is the currently enabled VPN app
>
> 3 :Your app configured the WiFi network the device is currently using
> via NEHotspotConfiguration

In my case even i have location services enable when was facing the issue.

After some workaround here are i found the two solution which you can try:

1: Reboot the device. ***This works for me*!!**.

2: Update the OS if available.

I am not sure it helps you but in few cases it should work, few people suggest reboot 2-3 times work for them.

**Another good news from Apple that they fix for this issue on iOS 13.3 beta version**

I've spent hours trying to figure out a way to let `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` works on iOS 13 with no results, no matter location permissions status or the fact that my app configured the current Wi-Fi network the device is currently using via `NEHotspotConfiguration`. It just **does not work**.

I finally came out with the reliable solution to get the SSID through `getConfiguredSSIDsWithCompletionHandler:` method of `NEHotspotConfigurationManager`.

Here's a simple example:

```
static func retrieveCurrentSSID( callback: @escaping ( String? ) -> Void ){
NEHotspotConfigurationManager.shared.getConfiguredSSIDs { ( networkSSIDs ) in
callback( networkSSIDs.first )
}
}

```

For me, TryCopyCurrentNetworkInfo always return nil even with a network configured with NEHotspotConfiguration. I tried the the recommendation of Mateusz with setting the option JoinOne to false or true but it did not solve the issue.

Phone OS is 13.1.3
Access WiFi information is enabled in my profile
It was working in iOS 12

Must verify that

<key>com.apple.developer.networking.wifi-info</key>
<true/>

is added to **Entitlements-Release.plist**, mostly its just added to **Entitlements-Debug.plist** only

If someone tries to use `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` via the case `Apps with permission to access location` (via the CoreLocation API and CLLocationManager) don't forget to enable the Access WiFi Information capability (See also this answer [here][1]). This should be mandatory since iOS 12, but I needed to update an App which was last tested before iOS 12. See also from the Discussion Section [here][2]:

> Important
>
> To use this function, an app linked against iOS 12 or later must
> enable the Access WiFi Information capability in Xcode. For more
> information, see [Access WiFi Information Entitlement][3]. Calling this
> function without the entitlement always returns NULL when linked
> against iOS 12 or later.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

As I said on the [Apple Developer Forums](

) use of `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` is now limited.

Check out [WWDC 19 session 713](

), Advances in Networking, Part 2 (maybe 75% of the way through the presentation). `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` is now only available to your app in three cases:

- Apps with permission to access location
- Your app is the currently enabled VPN app
- Your app configured the WiFi network the device is currently using via [NEHotspotConfiguration](

)

If you don't meet at least one of these conditions `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` will always return `nil` in iOS 13.

UPDATE: As of iOS 13 Developer Beta 6, [Apple has finally updated the documentation to note the changes](

).

I have a similar issue in my app. I have submitted a feedback form to Apple and got a response stating:

> *Potential fix identified - For a future OS update*

So hopefully, this will be resolved before the final release (not in iOS 13 Beta 4 though).

For a workaround, you can set `joinOnce = false` in your `NEHotspotConfiguration`. In my app, it allowed me to access `CNCopySupportedInterfaces`, but required me to remove configuration every time my app was closed.

Hope it helps!

**Edit:**

It seems that in iOS 13 beta 5 issue no longer persists. In my application, I can access `CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo` again (thus confirming the Wi-Fi has been connected), no matter if `NEHotspotConfiguration.joinOnce` flag is set to `true` or `false`.