Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 480 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
CakePHP bake Error: Database connection "Mysql" is missing, or could not be created

I've already checked other questions and answers regarding my issue and nothing seems to help resolving it.

I'm using vagrant percise64 (ubuntu server 12.04) with lamp installed.
On my host (desktop) I have myfinalproject dir containing extracted cakePHP version 2.3.5.
I've set all that cakePHP required and on the generated page of cakePHP it says that "Cake is able to connect to the database."

When I try to bake a new Model/Controller or All I get the following error:

Welcome to CakePHP v2.3.5 Console
---------------------------------------------------------------
App : app
Path: /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/app/
Interactive Bake Shell
[D]atabase Configuration
[M]odel
[V]iew
[C]ontroller
[P]roject
[F]ixture
[T]est case
[Q]uit
What would you like to Bake? (D/M/V/C/P/F/T/Q)
> m
Bake Model
Path: /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/app/Model/
Use Database Config: (default/test)
[default] > default
Error: Database connection "Mysql" is missing, or could not be created.
#0 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Model/ConnectionManager.php(107): DboSource->__construct(Array)
#1 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Command/Task/ModelTask.php(900): ConnectionManager::getDataSource('default')
#2 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Command/Task/ModelTask.php(837): ModelTask->getAllTables(NULL)
#3 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Command/Task/ModelTask.php(926): ModelTask->listAll(NULL)
#4 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Command/Task/ModelTask.php(205): ModelTask->getName()
#5 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Command/Task/ModelTask.php(93): ModelTask->_interactive()
#6 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Command/BakeShell.php(108): ModelTask->execute()
#7 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/Shell.php(392): BakeShell->main()
#8 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(200): Shell->runCommand(NULL, Array)
#9 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/lib/Cake/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(68): ShellDispatcher->dispatch()
#10 /home/shahar/development/myfinalproject/app/Console/cake.php(37): ShellDispatcher::run(Array)
#11 {main}

I've tried to run the bake command from my app dir (though i see the path is ok) and I got the same error.
I've change in my `database.php` the `localhost` to `127.0.0.1` and still same error occurs.

What am I missing here?

Edit: Since people suggested i'll check PDO extension availability I did a tiny test.
I used:

vagrant@precise64:/etc/php5/cli$ php -i | grep -i pdo
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/pdo.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini,
PDO
PDO support => enabled
PDO drivers => mysql
pdo_mysql
PDO Driver for MySQL => enabled
pdo_mysql.default_socket => /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock => /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Did you enabled pdo module for cli? I think that you can have different php.ini for cli / web (fpm).

Try to (re)install PHP MySQL support

sudo apt-get install php5-mysql

Just to help **Ubuntu** users out:
I had the same error in my ubuntu 13.10 machine with the newest xampp downloaded directly from apachefriends.
Try this:

Find the socket that mysqld creates for programs to connect to:

user@host /opt$ find . -name mysql.sock
/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock

add it to your cakePHP database configuration file (cakePHP)/app/Config/database.php

'unix_socket' => '/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock'

To me, this finally resulted in my cake commands being able to be executed without the "*Error: Database connection "Mysql" is missing, or could not be created.*".

on apache start if you get a warning that says something along the lines of apache not resolving hostname, using 127.0.1.1.. this may cause problems later with cakephp.
solution: sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache2.config , add the line:
ServerName localhost

For me it turned out to be that the server variable $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] was not available in the database.php config file so my specific config was not being set correctly when running in a Shell.

$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] is not available during Shell execution.