Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 301 Vote(s) - 3.62 Average
Can I somehow use modern objects with WSH's JScript?

I've been meaning to create a file organizing / monitoring tool that would cut my usual amount of work tremendously.

Due to my workplace's extremely close-circuit network, I am forced to make it in WSH, the language of choice being JScript, Microsoft's ancient dialect of ECMAScript.

I am also using a customized version of Windows XP.

However, it seems the seemingly-usual JavaScript objects that we know and love don't work there.
For example:

var a = {
test: 'Hello, world!'
};

Yields an "; exptected" type of error.

This wouldn't seem like such a big deal not being able to use these sorts of objects, however it is actually crucial since I already have a large dataset which was organized in that matter (I used JavaScript on an old version of Chrome before I realized I might be able to use WSH instead: can you feel my pain?!).

So... What do you say?
Is there anything I can do about it?
Is there another way to define objects in JScript that would allow me to keep using WSH? (I am willing to convert my dataset to another format if possible).

Maybe there's an alternative to WSH that I could use for this sort of work, taking into consideration that I cannot download anything from the net?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!