Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 433 Vote(s) - 3.42 Average
Can I use the Liferay as content management system (CMS)?

There is a very old site is written in a closed content management system(CMS). This system is no longer supported. I want to rewrite this site. Because it does not scale now and a lot of bugs.

Clearly, this system is no good.

I want to use Liferay.

I know that Liferay allows users to configure an access to different applications through a single site using portlets.

I'm interested in the function -

- tools to create content;
- organization of joint work on content;
- managing content: storage, version control, adherence access, flow
control instruments;
- publishing content;
- presenting information in a form suitable for navigation, search;

etc.

Ie all the things that allow many content management system (CMS).
Can I use the Liferay as content management system (CMS)?

The core of Liferay is a generic portlet container. It organized pages, on which portlets are displayed. It manages authentication, security, etc.

Liferay comes with pre-made portlets to manage web content: it's the *Journal* portlet. See the corresponding [section in the doc][1]. It supports versioning, internationalization, templating, role-based security, workflow.

It covers the area of requirements you described. Whether it covers the *exact* requirements you have I don't know, since they were not very precise (as said these are only "areas" of requirments).

Internally, Liferay uses services that can be accessed more-or-less easily programatically. Content is stored in a database. Documents are stored via one level of abstraction called the "FileSystemHook". So files can be stored on the file system, or in JCR repostiory, or (probably) in the database itself. JCR is a standard for managing content, and if this option is used, I guess it can also be accessed via some interface.

All that makes Liferay a pretty extensible platform out of the box or with custom development, but it also has a cost in complexity.

*PS: I haven't used Liferay actively in the past two years, so some of this information might be outdated.*

[1]:

[To see links please register here]