Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 298 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Capturing true STDIN piped to a batch file

I want to access STDIN from inside a batch file **after** some other commands. I know that the first command in a .BAT file receives STDIN but I want to first run some other commands *and then* capture STDIN. I also want this to work with streamed STDIN i.e. it is not acceptable to capture STDIN to a file at the start with (see workaround below).

Now, I understand that `CON` is the "file" representing STDIN and that `TYPE CON` would output (echo) STDIN. This does not seem to work at all inside a batch file. Indeed, it appears not to represent STDIN but user/host input by keyboard.

**test.bat**
```
TYPE CON > output.txt
```

**Test run:**
```
C:>TYPE myfile.txt | test.bat
```

Expected result: `myfile.txt` is copied into `output.txt`.

Actual result: The batch waits for user input (ignores what is piped to it) and writes user input typed on the keyboard to `output.txt`.

**Workaround**

As a workaround: the following `test.bat` works but does not support streamed input (e.g. from a `tail` command):

```
findstr "^" STDIN.txt
:: I can now run some other commands
:: And finally access my STDIN via STDIN.txt
TYPE STDIN.txt | AWK /e/ > output.txt
```

**UPDATE: Back Story:**
I have a neat CMD which uses powershell to download (via HTTP) an arbitrary .ps1 script (like a package manager would) and execute it on the fly. If I call `REMEXEC.bat mymodule foo bar` it loads and executes `mymodule.ps1` with the parameters `foo` and `bar`.

This works wonderfully for every scenario except piped, streamed input. Using the `findstr "^"` works for piped input but not for an open stream. Using say `AWK /.*/` as the first line of my BAT gets me that streamed input but just pushes the problem down the road.

Ultimately I want a `something.bat` which looks like this (pseudocode):
```
downloadPSModule( "http://myrepo.com/modules/%1.ps1" )
STDIN | executePSModule %2 %3 %4
```

The catch 22 is that `downloadPSModule` happens BEFORE `executePSModule` and thus has no access to STDIN (a privelege reserved for the first line of a BAT).

If you need to retrieve input from console or isolate reading from the stdin stream to not consume piped data, I would try directly reading from console with something like

<!-- language: lang-cmd -->

@echo off
setlocal enableextensions disabledelayedexpansion

rem Part that reads from console, not piped input
< con (
set "data="
set /p "data=Type something: "
)

echo(
echo You have typed: [%data%]
echo(

rem Part that reads piped input