Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 330 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Chrome autofills username into random text input

This is happening on an asp.net webforms application, using Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit).

The site is password-protected. The user logs in with a username and password. After a successful login the user is redirected to the "Loan Search" page. The Loan Search page contains a handful of text inputs.

The problem is Chrome will autofill my username into one of the text inputs (see image). "tregan" is the username I entered into the login page.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

Chrome always selects this particular text input to autofill the username ("Contact Mailing Address"). This is happening to myself and several dozen other users of our web site.

Any idea why Chrome is doing this autofill, and is there anything I can do to prevent it? I cleared my Chrome autofill cache, but that did not fix the problem.

[1]:

Some more ways to try to workaround this:

- Add `autocomplete="off"` to the `<form>` and/or to the `<input>`
- Change the field's `name`/`id`
to something that does not have "name" or "user" in it
- If it is not already inside `<form>` wrap the element with empty `<form>` tag
- Randomize the name attribute of the input, or use `data-name` instead of `name`. You'll have to change the code that process the data accordingly.

Also I think it'll help to report this issue to Google via `⋮→Help→Report an issue` (or Alt+Shift+I) to encourage them to fix these issues.

The answer is to add an invisible text input to the asp.net form called "username".

Several years ago we were having the same problem with a different input. The answer was to add an invisible input of type "password", as explained in this SO answer, scroll down to the phrase "It is so simple and tricky...":

[

[To see links please register here]

][1]

Below is the complete fix, I added these two elements inside the form element in our site's master page. Per @Jeff_Mergler's comment below, put these inputs at the top of your form tag:

<input type="text" id="username" style="width:0;height:0;visibility:hidden;position:absolute;left:0;top:0" />
<input type="password" style="width:0;height:0;visibility:hidden;position:absolute;left:0;top:0" />

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I was facing the same issue, i found a fix by wrapping my div inside a form tag and added a property autocomplete="off" in the form tag.
<form autocomplete="off">
<div>
</div>
</form>

Same here. This needs to be resolved by chrome. This is just dumb to have to add <form> tags around textboxes. Also, quick tip to anyone needing to add form tag without having to re-do your CSS. Add "display:contents;" to the form. It will act as if its not even there.