Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 705 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Create mysql table directly from CSV file using the CSV Storage engine?

"[Convert CSV to SQL][1]" helped me. Add your CSV file and you are good to go.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

In addition to the other solutions mentioned Mac users may want to note that SQL Pro has a CSV import option which works fairly well and is flexible - you can change column names, and field types on import. Choose new table otherwise the initial dialogue can appear somewhat disheartening.

[Sequel Pro][1] - database management application for working with MySQL databases.

[1]:

If someone is looking for a PHP solution see "[PHP_MySQL_wrapper][1]":

$db = new MySQL_wrapper(MySQL_HOST, MySQL_USER, MySQL_PASS, MySQL_DB);
$db->connect();

// this sample gets column names from first row of file
//$db->createTableFromCSV('test_files/countrylist.csv', 'csv_to_table_test');

// this sample generates column names
$db->createTableFromCSV('test_files/countrylist1.csv', 'csv_to_table_test_no_column_names', ',', '"', '\\', 0, array(), 'generate', '\r\n');

/** Create table from CSV file and imports CSV data to Table with possibility to update rows while import.
* @param string $file - CSV File path
* @param string $table - Table name
* @param string $delimiter - COLUMNS TERMINATED BY (Default: ',')
* @param string $enclosure - OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY (Default: '"')
* @param string $escape - ESCAPED BY (Default: '\')
* @param integer $ignore - Number of ignored rows (Default: 1)
* @param array $update - If row fields needed to be updated eg date format or increment (SQL format only @FIELD is variable with content of that field in CSV row) $update = array('SOME_DATE' => 'STR_TO_DATE(@SOME_DATE, "%d/%m/%Y")', 'SOME_INCREMENT' => '@SOME_INCREMENT + 1')
* @param string $getColumnsFrom - Get Columns Names from (file or generate) - this is important if there is update while inserting (Default: file)
* @param string $newLine - New line delimiter (Default: \n)
* @return number of inserted rows or false
*/
// function createTableFromCSV($file, $table, $delimiter = ',', $enclosure = '"', $escape = '\\', $ignore = 1, $update = array(), $getColumnsFrom = 'file', $newLine = '\r\n')

$db->close();

[1]:

you can use this bash script

[convert.sh](

)

and run

./convert.sh -f example/mycsvfile.csv

This is my script to load a list of CSV files into MySQL database including creation of tables based on the first line of the files:

#!/bin/bash

CREDENTIALS="--user=root --password=password --host=localhost --port=3306"
CSVOPTIONS="$CREDENTIALS --local --delete --lock-tables --fields-terminated-by=; --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=\" --lines-terminated-by=\n"
FOLDER='my/folder'

files=(
foo.csv
bar.csv
)

for i in "${files[@]}"
do
# get table name from file name
TABLE="$(basename -- $i)"
TABLE="${TABLE%.*}"

# create the table
COMMAND="DROP TABLE IF EXISTS $TABLE; CREATE TABLE $TABLE ( $(head -1 $FOLDER/$i | sed -e 's/;/ varchar(255),\n/g') varchar(255) );"
mysql $CREDENTIALS $DB -e "$COMMAND"

# fill in data
mysqlimport $CSVOPTIONS --ignore-lines=1 $DB "$FOLDER/$i"

done