Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 506 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Amazon Luna - New Cloud Gaming Service

In the past I'd tried Sony's streaming service and found it underwhelming. With advancements in technology, the concept is becoming more widespread.

Quote:Amazon is getting into gaming. During Amazon's big device announcement event on Thursday, the internet giant unveiled Luna, its cloud-based video game streaming service for Fire TV, phones, tablets and computers that rivals Microsoft's xCloud and Google's Stadia.

A "Luna Plus" subscription will cost $5.99 per month as part of an invite-only early access program. A controller designed for the service will also be sold, with "early access" pricing of $50, though gamers will also be able to use an Xbox One or PlayStation DualShock 4 controller, as well as a mouse and keyboard to play.

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

Sometimes I think Amazon has its fingers in too many pies, and some of their ventures fail because they are dedicating resources to too many things at once. However, as Luna is going to be somewhat integrated with Twitch, this is actually an interesting idea. They already own a massively successful platform for streaming games (among other things) and I think this could really compliment that.

It makes me curious, though I'm not prepared to pay $6 for the early access service, and $50 for their special controller at this time. Definitely something to keep an eye out for, though.

Update: On second thought, it's currently available ONLY IN THE USA. SO I couldn't join even if I wanted to xD

Quote:(09-29-2020, 08:52 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Sometimes I think Amazon has its fingers in too many pies, and some of their ventures fail because they are dedicating resources to too many things at once.
This ^

They've expanded at an enormous rate, yet still trying to Increase their service with (at times) more than they can handle.

Quote:(09-29-2020, 09:34 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (09-29-2020, 08:52 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Sometimes I think Amazon has its fingers in too many pies, and some of their ventures fail because they are dedicating resources to too many things at once.
This ^

They've expanded at an enormous rate, yet still trying to Increase their service with (at times) more than they can handle.

Although, in this case, it's not a venture that's stand alone. It's linked to their Twitch service, so I suppose these go hand in hand.

Hmm very interesting how amazon is improving their services year by year... I think soon we will not need to use our cimputer hardware in order to ply video games

Quote:(09-29-2020, 08:34 PM)huilopan Wrote:

Hmm very interesting how amazon is improving their services year by year... I think soon we will not need to use our cimputer hardware in order to ply video games

I don't see how that's likely? A lot of games companies work hand in hand with companies who develop PC components. It's such a giant, lucrative market. I don't see it going away any time soon.

That's not to say there won't be more access to games without the need for high end PC specs. I definitely find that concept intriguing.

I think that Luna will be like Google Stadia was, a good idea being forgotten

Quote:(10-07-2020, 10:31 PM)StormZeroX Wrote:

I'm not so sure. Name one other service that has something like this:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I think this has the potential to be very successful if they follow through and integrate it well with Twitch. Given Twitch itself is an incredibly successful platform full of gamers - They've already got a good market to sell it to. I've never even heard of the other services.

Quote:(10-08-2020, 10:41 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (10-07-2020, 10:31 PM)StormZeroX Wrote:

I'm not so sure. Name one other service that has something like this:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I think this has the potential to be very successful if they follow through and integrate it well with Twitch. Given Twitch itself is an incredibly successful platform full of gamers - They've already got a good market to sell it to. I've never even heard of the other services.

Yeah, probably focusing into the streamers world is a good plan, but we will see

Amazon is slowly taking over