Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 404 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Dart/Flutter How to compare two TimeOfDay times?

**Solution for negative duration calculations**

All these answers are pretty good but they didn't help me when I had a user select a range of times in my app. In order to calculate the total duration of the specified time period, I tried all the solutions which work pretty well but fail in certain scenarios. The scenarios are:

1. When the start time comes after the end time (i.e- when the duration is supposed to be over 12 hours)
2. When the start time is before 12am at the night and end time is after that

And the code to overcome it is:

```
String durationFromTimeOfDay(TimeOfDay? start, TimeOfDay? end) {
if (start == null || end == null) return '';

// DateTime(year, month, day, hour, minute)
final startDT = DateTime(9, 9, 9, start.hour, start.minute);
final endDT = DateTime(9, 9, 10, end.hour, end.minute);

final range = DateTimeRange(start: startDT, end: endDT);
final hours = range.duration.inHours % 24;
final minutes = range.duration.inMinutes % 60;

final _onlyHours = minutes == 0;
final _onlyMinutes = hours == 0;
final hourText = _onlyMinutes
? ''
: '$hours${_onlyHours ? hours > 1 ? ' hours' : ' hour' : 'h'}';
final minutesText = _onlyHours
? ''
: '$minutes${_onlyMinutes ? minutes > 1 ? ' mins' : ' min' : 'm'}';
return hourText + minutesText;
}
```
It is important to note that you need to prefill the `DateTime` for **end** `TimeOfDay` with a day value which is greater than the same in start `DateTime`. The other parameters (for year and month) can be anything you want.

This outputs a really nicely formatted string that is short, concise, and extremely legible
[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

This, however, doesn't satisfy the requirement that the solution is devoid of conversion to DateTime. But at least it uses a different approach over the `difference` method. And this makes the correct duration calculation more reliable in a few lines of code comparatively.