Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 547 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Do you use Scala, Groovy, or another JVM-based language besides Java?

I used to love Scala for its simplicity, but I am always more comfortable with just using Java. Which languages do you use that run on the Java platform (besides Java, of course)?

What is different between java and scala?
(Just seen an image of groovy and, it looks much easier then java)

[To see links please register here]

Quote:(07-16-2018, 12:18 PM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Scala is a functional programming language compatible with the JVM. The primary difference between Java and Scala is that Scala suffers from syntactic diabetes, and has a ton of stupid rules.

Quote:(07-16-2018, 10:14 PM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-16-2018, 12:18 PM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Scala is a functional programming language compatible with the JVM. The primary difference between Java and Scala is that Scala suffers from syntactic diabetes, and has a ton of stupid rules.

Then, if the rules are stupid, why use it? haha or, is it something that works fine then java. I don't see people use groovy just because of how the functionality of the code works.

Quote:(07-17-2018, 01:44 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Quote: (07-16-2018, 10:14 PM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-16-2018, 12:18 PM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Then, if the rules are stupid, why use it? haha or, is it something that works fine then java. I don't see people use groovy just because of how the functionality of the code works.

Well, obviously that is just my opinion, and there are people out there who enjoy Scala. In the end, all of these languages translate to Java bytecode.

Quote:(07-17-2018, 02:25 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-17-2018, 01:44 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Quote: (07-16-2018, 10:14 PM)Percent Wrote:

Well, obviously that is just my opinion, and there are people out there who enjoy Scala. In the end, all of these languages translate to Java bytecode.

Right, thanks. I might talk with my mate about this stuff and see what he says about it.

Quote:(07-17-2018, 02:40 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Quote: (07-17-2018, 02:25 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-17-2018, 01:44 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

Right, thanks. I might talk with my mate about this stuff and see what he says about it.

Not a problem! These are just different representations of the same lower-level thing (Java bytecode), just like how, in turn, all programming languages are eventually translated from Assembly, into magnetism; electricity; ones and zeroes.