Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 377 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
DotNetNuke 7.xx (DNN) CMS & How To - Document Management module

I am old DNN user, used versions 1.0 - 4.0 years ago. Now I'm coming back to version 7.xx, While I can see huge improvements they come with increased complexity and I have struggled to find definitive answer to the following question:

**What is the best way to setup a documents management repository with private (current user only) & members only areas without using third party modules?**

Versioning is not essential, but nice to have. The core requirement is the private & members only read only document access.

P.S. *Might consider paid modules, but only if developed for DNN 7 from day one and with good support*.

Maybe this not helps you, because I think you needs a specific module for the users can manage his own folder, but DNN7 creates a private folder for each user in /Portals/XX/Users/[UserId].

If this not convince you, you can go to Admin>FileManagement and create a folder with specific permisions. To do that:

1. Create New Folder
2. Right Click over the folder you just create and edit the permissions for that folder.