Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 490 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
Europe into another lockdown

France, Germany and now the UK are set to go into another lockdown as a second wave of the virus has hit these nations. These lockdowns are mostly expected to last a month, with the current UK deadline set to December 2nd.

What is the state of infection rates where you are?

The Issue Is, as soon as restrictions are lifted the virus begins to spread- It's just common sense, so I don't understand how the government thinks/believes otherwise.

Unless a vaccine Is found, It will not simply go away.

Quote:(11-01-2020, 02:48 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

The Issue Is, as soon as restrictions are lifted the virus begins to spread- It's just common sense, so I don't understand how the government thinks/believes otherwise.

Some states loosened restrictions, only to find the virus spread more right after. As soon as they allow people, they're back at the bars/clubs spreading it again. Endless cycle.

Quote:(11-01-2020, 02:48 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote:(11-01-2020, 06:49 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (11-01-2020, 02:48 AM)mothered Wrote:

Some states loosened restrictions, only to find the virus spread more right after. As soon as they allow people, they're back at the bars/clubs spreading it again. Endless cycle.

I agree with both of you. Most of the news talk last night was about how this is an imperfect solution. A lot of people were criticisng the government for it "not being enough" and because it's not a long term solution. However, I didn't hear a single source offer a better long-term solution (besides hope the vaccines work out).

To be perfectly honest, our gov was extremely transparent about why they were doing it. They went through graph after graph of data and facts. The simple truth of it is, it's a delay tactic to prevent our NHS from being overrun. All the predictive modelling, even accounting for uncertainty, predict the hospitals will surpass their maximum capacity (including the temporary nightingale hospitals) within a matter of weeks.

Looking at the case count as of late (and accounting for the increase in testing), you can see how severely these cases are rising. Regional, localised lockdowns do appear to have some impact on slowing the virus down.

Of course, I can only comment for own nation.

Fingers crossed a vaccine Is found a lot sooner than later.

It's almost 12 months since the virus was first Identified, yet the medical sector Is no closer to finding a solution to fully contain It.

Quote:(11-01-2020, 09:36 AM)mothered Wrote:

It's almost 12 months since the virus was first Identified, yet the medical sector Is no closer to finding a solution to fully contain It.

Yes, I heard that some vaccines, especially from the UK have given positive results. Nevertheless, I would never take that vaccine for me or somebody older than me i.e. my family unless the risk of death would be very high. Firsts vaccines have often some inaccuracies, especially those that have been synthesize in such a short time.

Quote:(11-01-2020, 09:51 AM)green314 Wrote:

Yes, I heard that some vaccines, especially from the UK have given positive results. Nevertheless, I would never take that vaccine for me or somebody older than me i.e. my family unless the risk of death would be very high. Firsts vaccines have often some inaccuracies, especially those that have been synthesize in such a short time.
I certainly agree, particularly with the following comment:
Quote:Firsts vaccines have often some inaccuracies

If that wasn't the case, a vaccine would now be medically available.

Quote:(11-01-2020, 09:51 AM)green314 Wrote:

Quote: (11-01-2020, 09:36 AM)mothered Wrote:

I think we are forgetting that the basic principles of these vaccines have existed for many years now. We're merely applying it to a new disease. Given how many variations are being worked upon, and the current successes of those in phase three trials (if I recall correctly - the last phase of human trials), I would happily put money on betting they'll be available within the next few months (early 2021). However, I think the real challenge is mass manufacture and distribution. When a new vaccine is developed, the world isn't vaccinated overnight. By the time it comes to vaccinating someone like you or I, millions of people would have been vaccinated first. By our turn, we will likely have a pretty good idea of what we are dealing with.

The scary part is... "By our turn" could be a long time from now. How do we tackle the virus in the period in between? I've yet to hear a real solution.

damn, when will all of this be over already?

Quote:(11-14-2020, 12:28 PM)duremars Wrote:

damn, when will all of this be over already?
I can't believe It's almost a year since It was first discovered.

On the upside, almost every restriction has been lifted In my locality, without an Increase In reported cases.