Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 659 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Failed to connect to mysql at 127.0.0.1:3306 with user root access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'(using password:YES)

I've been trying to create a new database connection on workbench. However, every time I test a connection there is an error message that says

> Failed to connect to mysql at 127.0.0.1:3306 with user root access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'(using password:YES)

I don't know what's the cause of this error. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing my workbench 6.1 and mysql server 5.6 but the error is still unsolved.

no idea how this happened, but i had the same problem. I had to reset my root password:

[To see links please register here]

But after my databases that i had previously were either dropped or the new connection did not connect to them. Either way i couldn't access them via workbench. But i could use MySQL again, which was a win for me

You should install the mysql server which hosts in your localhost. Then install the workbench. Still if you are getting the error GOTO:

(In MAC:)

System preferences>Mysql(Will be listed at the bottom,else server is not installed in your machine).

Check server status and start the Mysql server.

Try connecting to localhost with default port number.

Try this,

I hope this will help You

1. Uninstalled everything including installer from it's own uninstall option.
2. Un-installed all the programs that were in any way related to mysql
3. Deleted the mysql folder from C:\Program Files
4. Deleted the mysql folder from C:\ProgramData
5. Cleared my registry and then re-installed the program, but all in vain.

How to repeat:
Here is what I did:

1. Installed it with mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.23.0.msi
2. For my purposes I selected "Custom" install with MySQL servers 5.6.22 - X64 and MySQL Connectors -> Connector ODBC/5.3.4 - 64
3. Next -> Execute -(ready to configure) -> Next
4. Config type: Development machine, all defaults (TCP/IP, Port: 3306, Open firewall)
5. Typed in MySQL Root Password
6. MySQL user Accounts -> Add user (username, password, OK) -> Next
7. Configure MySQL Server as a Windows Service (CHECKED)
8. Windows Service Name: MySQL56 (default)
9. Start the MySQL Serve at System Startup
10. THIS IS CRUCIAL (BUG IS HERE): Run Service as... Standard System Account (CHECKED - but it will be disregarded and that is BUG)
11. Next -> Execute, Installation hangs on Starting server, so wait for a while to time out (or don't, your choice). When Dialog (might be covered with other windows) popup with message "Configuration of MySQL Server is taking longer than expected..., here click OK (so to wait longer)

Suggested fix:
12. Meanwhile go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> find MySQL56, right click on it -> Properties -> select Log On Tab AND HERE IS BUG -> Although Local System Account was selected, Somehow "This account: Network Service (with some password) was selected -> Select Log on as: Local System Account, Allow service to interact with desktop -> Apply -> Go back on general tab

13. On general tab click on "Start" button to start service and here it is! Service is started! Click on OK to close MySQL56 Properties dialog. Close Services dialog. Close Administrative tools. Close control panel.

14. And by that time (while you were closing those dialogs) when you look at MySQl Installer Dialog all steps are finished and checked: Starting Server, Applying security... Creating user accounts.. Updating Start menu link

15. Confirm with Finish -> Next -> Finish
That's it, happy MySQL-ing :)

Source:

[To see links please register here]

I know this is old but I have come across this issue as well but found a fix for this that worked for me:

1. go to "Services"
2. under "Name" find your username
3. right click and select "Start"

Go to your MySQL workbench and select "Startup / Shutdown" under "INSTANCE" and you should be good to go. Hope this helps anyone that comes across this.

Here was my solution:

- press Ctrl + Alt + Del
- Task Manager
- Select the Services Tab
- Under name, right click on "MySql" and select Start

I had the same problem. <br>
I've installed fresh mysql at Ubuntu but I left mysql password empty, and as a result I couldn't connect to mysql in any way.<br>
Lately I've revealed that there is a table of users where are names, hosts, passwords and some plugins. So for my user root@localhost mysql while installing assigned a plugin called **auth_socket**, which let Unix user "root" log in as a mysql user "root" without password, but don't allow login as another Unix user. So to fix that you should turn off this plugin and set usual authentication:

1. open Linux terminal
2. enter "**sudo mysql**"<br>
you will see "mysql >" which means you've connected to mysql as a 'root' Unix user and you can type SQL queries.
3. enter SQL query to change a way how you will log in:<br>
**ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'your_new_password';**<br>
where 'mysql_native_password' means - to turn off auth_socket plugin.

First check if it's a workbench or connection problem.

1) In your windows run 'cmd' to open a terminal

Try both<br>

2a) `mysql -u root -p -h 127.0.0.1 -P 3306`

2b) `mysql -u root -p -h > localhost -P 3306`

3) If the connection is good you will get a password prompt, see if you can connect with correct password.

If your connection is denied, just grant the permission

mysql >GRANT ALL ON [DatabaseName].* TO 'root'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY '[PASSWORD]';

If your connection is accepted here, it's like a workbench configuration problem.

Try this, it worked for me!

sudo mysql -u root -p

Inside the terminal enter:

CREATE USER 'admin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'admin'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Then in the MySQL Workbench edit the connection and change the root name to admin.

Go to the search bar on your Windows and search for **Services**.
Launch **Services** and look for **MySQL*xx*** (*xx* depends on your MySQL version) in the long list of services. **Right-click** on MySQLxx and hit **Start**.
MySQL should work fine now.