Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 659 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Failed to connect to mysql at 127.0.0.1:3306 with user root access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'(using password:YES)

i changed default password from " " with space to blank

> In Ubuntu systems running MySQL 5.7 (and later versions), the root MySQL user is set to authenticate using the **auth_socket plugin** by default rather than with a password. This allows for some greater security and usability in many cases, **but it can also complicate things when you need to allow an external program (e.g., phpMyAdmin) to access the user.**
>
> If you prefer to use a password when connecting to MySQL as **root**, you will need to switch its authentication method from **auth_socket** to **mysql_native_password**.
[source][1]

Open up the MySQL prompt from your terminal:

$ sudo mysql

Next, check which authentication method each of your MySQL user accounts use with the following command:

mysql > SELECT user,authentication_string,plugin,host FROM mysql.user;

You will see that the root user does in fact authenticate using the auth_socket plugin. To configure the root account to authenticate with a password, run the following `ALTER USER` command. Be sure to change password to a strong password of your choosing:

mysql > ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

Then, run `FLUSH PRIVILEGES` which tells the server to reload the grant tables and put your new changes into effect:

mysql > FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Check the authentication methods employed by each of your users again to confirm that root no longer authenticates using the **auth_socket plugin**:

mysql > SELECT user,authentication_string,plugin,host FROM mysql.user;

You will see in output that the root MySQL user now authenticates using a password.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

i just encountered this problem now and with some tries i figured out that **visiting services >> select MySQLxx service , then right click and hit start** , that solved my problem and everything is working without the need to loss data.

this could happen due to version issues . I had the same issue and I downgraded my mySQL work bench and tried it. it worked.

After viewing so many solution answers, here is my summary which works for me.
I only installed workbench 6.2 at first, when connecting to localhost it failed.

step1: check if you have installed mysql server. If not, download and install.

step2: the mysql server configuration recommend strong password, ignore it, choose the legacy password.

step3: start mysql server (windows system: services-->mysql-->start)

step4: open workbench and create local connection.

1. sudo mysql -u root -p
2. mysql > ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'abc@123';
3. sudo mysql-workbench

I was facing the same problem in windows.

1. Goto services in task manager
2. start the service called MySQL80
3. Restart workbench

Well i had this problem, during an installation on Mac os, i tried multiple times to remove mysql 8.O and reinstall, for my vintage mac the only solution that i found was to take the CAKEBREW services and download a 5.7 mysql + an old Mysql Workbench 5. also, all is working perfectly, i will wait until somebody fix this problem.

I hope you found an other solution .

TL;DR: Did not have MySQL server installed, only MySQL workbench.

I had the same issue after trying to set up a GitHub project on a new computer. I noticed that Visual Studio 2019 gave an error that my program could not connect to the MySQL server, so I opened my MySQL Workbench and there I could also not connect.

It took me a lot longer than I'd like to admit to notice that my new device did not have MySQL server installed. You can download it on [dev.mysql.com](

). For some reason it first updated my MySQL workbench before I could install MySQL server (maybe I read to fast).

Make sure that you click on **add** on [this screen](

) if you don't have MySQL server installed yet.

On mac the answers above unfortunately didn't work causing a `ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'`

Doing the following worked for me:
```
sudo su
mysql -uroot
set password = password("password");
```
Took me embarassingly long to figure out hope it helps someone else.