Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 354 Vote(s) - 3.42 Average
Failed to load sql modules into the database cluster during PostgreSQL Installation

I have attempted to install PostgreSQL 9.4 and 8.4 multiple times and it is failing no matter what I have tried. I am attempting to install on Windows 7 SP1 x64. After each failed install I have uninstalled and deleted the installation folder to start fresh.

Each time I attempt the install I get an error pop up near the end of installation that says:
*"failed to load sql modules into the database cluster".*

Then another error pop up displays immediately after that says:
*"Error running post install step. Installation may not complete correctly. Error reading C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.4/postgresql.conf"*

I have attempted installation with the following actions:

- Always installed as administrator
- Turned off all virus protection and windows firewall
- Changed the installation directory to something other than the Program Files directory.
- Changed the data directory to something other than the installation directory of postgres

None of the actions above have helped and I always receive the error. Any help that someone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

I had the same problem before. I solved this by installing Visual Studio C++ Express first.

I was getting this same error when trying to install PostgreSQL v9.4.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Starting with [a solution hosted on Stack Exchange](

[To see links please register here]

), I came up with the following steps that allowed the installer to run successfully:

> 1) Create a new user account, called *postgres*<br>
> 2) Add the new account to the *Administrators* and *Power Users* groups<br>
> 3) Restart the computer<br>
>     NOTE: I added step #3, since step #4 didn't work without it<br>
> 4) Run a command prompt as the postgres user, using the command:<br>
>     *runas /user:postgres cmd.exe*<br>
> 5) Run the installer from the *postgres* command window<br>
> 6) Delete the *postgres* user account, as well as the user directory<br>
>     NOTE: I added step #6, since the postgres account is not required after installation

- Changed the data directory to something other than the installation directory of postgres

Make sure ```NETWORK SERVICE``` has read/write permissions on that folder, the installation was failing for me until I did this.

Encountered a very similar problem that OP is reporting today while installing Postgres 9.4.

It turns out that the password generator I was using has made a password that contains non-alphanumeric characters. ("^") I believe was the culprit in this case. Removing that allowed the installation of Postgres 9.4 (Windows 64 bit) to complete.

Very easy fix once you've found it, but the error message that comes up is not descriptive, so in this case I didn't notice at first what I was doing wrong.

What worked for me is, during the install, specifying a Postgre SQL data folder that's outside of any Windows user profile directory (C:\Users), such as C:\postgres-data.

My setup:

- Win 10 Pro

- PostgreSQL 9.5 RC1

I ran into this issue when I tried setting PostgreSQL's data directory somewhere under my user profile's directory, such us somewhere under "My Documents".

I tried Jeff G's solution and it didn't work at first. It worked only when I kept the data directory as the default (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data). So then I tested further and tried setting the data directory to somewhere outside of any user profile directories (i.e. somewhere that isn't under C:\Users). For example, C:\postgres-data and this worked.

I then just tried using that directory with my default user, and not bothering with the postgres temp user as outlined in Jeff G's solution and that also worked. So in the end, it had to do with my data directory being somewhere under C:\Users. As long as it was outside of that, it worked.

None of these answers here helped me, finally I solved this problem by creating the folder before the installation (C:\PostgreSQL\data) and giving it full access for the group "Users".

Windows 7 x64, postgresql-9.5.2-1-windows-x64

I had this issue too with 9.5 and got around it by:

1. Installing with the default data folder.
2. Making sure my new data folder had full control access for the "NETWORK SERVICE" account.
3. Then changing the default PGDATA folder as per this instruction:

I had the same error ("Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.") when installing on W2K12R2 using the EnterpriseDB installer linked to from the PostgreSQL [Windows download page][1]. I tried running the installer with admin privs, and using the postgres-user solution offered by Jeff G, but neither worked. Finally I tried the second installer, [BigSQL][2], and that installed without issue.

[1]:

[2]:

I had the same experience as **@gomisha**. **@Jeff G**'s solution did not work for me no matter which user ran the installer.

As long as the target data directory was anywhere under `c:\users`, the install *or* database cluster init would fail.

I was successful after creating `c:\postgresql-data` and ensuring that the `postgres` user had `full access` in the 'effective access' tool.

*Note: I did not use `control userpasswords2` to set up the `postgres` user; I did it through the traditional crappy Windows 10 user wizard that tries to make the user sign up for hotmail.* I did run the install as `postgres`.