Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 354 Vote(s) - 3.42 Average
Failed to load sql modules into the database cluster during PostgreSQL Installation

I had the same problem, and noticed that some Postgres .bat files were opening in a text editor. Text editors opening files during installation isn't too uncommon, but I noticed these batch files were setting directory permissions. I then found that .bat files were set to open in a text editor (Notepad++) by default. I changed the default program for .bat files, uninstalled Postgres, re-ran the installer, and it worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

I was getting this issue with the BigSQL windows installer PostgreSQL-9.6.5-1-win64-bigsql.exe
The problem turned out to be that my system path was too long. After removing some uncessary junk from my System Path, and then reinstalling, the problem was gone.

When installing PostgreSQL, do not use the following symbols in your database's admin password: `%`, `<`, and `>`.

[Bug report and problem solution here][1]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Hope It's Work.

1.)Uninstall PostgreSQL

2.)Delete the postgres user if it still exists :

>net user postgres /delete

3.) Create the postgres user with a password you can remember:

>net user /add postgres <password>

4.) Add the postgres user to the Administrators group:

>net localgroup administrators postgres /add

5.) Add the postgres user to the Power Users group

>net localgroup "power users" postgres /add

6.) Run a command window as the postgres user:

>runas /user:postgres cmd.exe

7.) Change user postgres and install postgresql

8.)Back your and remove the postgres user from the Administrators group.

>net localgroup administrators postgres /delete

One of the answers [here][1] is the only thing that worked on my machine:

> I had the same error message when trying to install 9.2.4. My issue
> was because even though the Win2k8 server had %SYSTEMROOT%\system32 as
> part of the path, no programs could "see" anything in
> C:\Windows\system32. The installer heavily uses icacls.exe during the
> init routine. Since my path was screwed up, the installer bombed out.
>
> Once I explicitly added C:\Windows\system32 to the SYSTEM's Path
> environment variable and re-ran the installer as an admin, everything
> worked fine.

Credits to the [user][2].

[1]:

[2]:

1. Go to `services.msc`
2. Search for postgres service
3. Go to Log On tab
4. Select local account
5. Profit

The alternative solution for problems with PostgreSQL installer is setting this up with a Docker.

1. Install Docker Desktop

2. Start installed Docker Desktop

3. In PowerShell, run:

docker pull postgres

4. In PowerShell, run:

docker run -d -p 5432:5432 --name postgres -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=mypassword postgres

5. Now you can connect to the Postgres server for example with pgAdmin on the same machine, using:

- host: localhost
- port: 5432
- maintenance database: postgres
- username: postgres
- password: mypassword

I think this would be better as individual comments above, but I don't have the required rep. I just spent days on this, with Postgres 10 on Win 10 Creators. My "answer" was to let Postgres put the data in its default install folder instead of my User folder (where it would be automatically backed-up).

**1. This problem can happen with no reported install errors at all.** On my very first try, I saw:

Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.

But that seemed to be due to:

Executing C:\Users\loren\AppData\Local\Temp\postgresql_installer_aee8e5a76f\vcredist_x64.exe /passive /norestart
Script exit code: 3010

MSI (s) (AC:FC) [14:21:35:341]: Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.40660.
Restart required. The installation or update for the product required a restart for all changes to take effect.
The restart was deferred to a later time.

Restarting Windows *after* the failure of the rest of the Postgres installation did not let Postgres run.

Once VC was in place, uninstalling and re-installing Postgres (still with its data in my User folder) completed with no reported errors. But every attempt to access it, by any means, still resulted in something like this:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\bin>psql
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

The RawCap sniffer showed TCP SYN followed immediately by RST,ACK on localhost for both v4 and v6 for each try. Netstat did not see port 5432 in use at all. All Postgres runtime logs were totally empty. In Windows Services, I could manually start the postgresql-x64-10 service, but it immediately stopped itself, with the note that some services do that normally.

**2. I tried moving the data directory via the Postgres wiki procedure. Apparently for Postgres 10 it is incomplete.** It does not deal with:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-10\Data Directory
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Services\postgresql-x64-10\Data Directory
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\pg_env.bat
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\scripts\serverctl.vbs

But fixing every data file instance I could find did not let it run. And even after fixing all those, and uninstalling and re-installing again with the default location, the new pgAdmin4 somehow still remembered my original User data directory location!

**3. I did not try giving NETWORK SERVICE read/write permissions on my User folder.** Once the default install worked I wanted to get on with my original project... Maybe that would have worked.