Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 654 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Favorite Operating System?

What is your favorite operating system? I got bored and instead of doing so much searching for operating systems, I decided to ask which ones you guys like!

Personally, my favorites are Windows XP and any Dos OS.

I personally use Windows 7, my main reason is that all my Steam games are for Windows based OS's. But for usability and style, I'd definitely choose Debian or Ubuntu.

Archlinux FTW! Or mostly just any base system that gives you complete freedom

Quote:(11-19-2014, 08:57 PM)ShawnReynolds Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Personally, my favorites are Windows XP and any Dos OS.

I bet you couldn't go 3 days using nothing but DOS.

DOS had its time and place but is utterly useless in this day and age. Suggesting DOS is your favourite OS is clearly some cheap attempt at showing off? suggesting your 1337? I don't know. But it makes you look stupid more than anything.

Quote:(11-20-2014, 12:10 AM)The Toilet Paper King Wrote:

I bet you couldn't go 3 days using nothing but DOS.

DOS had its time and place but is utterly useless in this day and age. Suggesting DOS is your favourite OS is clearly some cheap attempt at showing off? suggesting your 1337? I don't know. But it makes you look stupid more than anything.

The reason I like DOS, is because I like old more than new. Just like I think people should stop using cars and start walking like we used to.

Quote:(11-20-2014, 12:25 AM)ShawnReynolds Wrote:

The reason I like DOS, is because I like old more than new. Just like I think people should stop using cars and start walking like we used to.

So do you like fucking 80 year old women just because they're old? Have you ever walked 10 km to work and back? Carried a weeks worth of groceries 5km? Have you ever used a rotary phone or sent a telegram? do you like these better simply because they're old? How old do you want to go back. How about an abacus instead of a calculator? Ever done Egyptian multiplication?

For that matter - ever tried browsing the internet on DOS? Good luck with that. Or doing anything but the most basic of tasks. I remember using Windows 3.0 when it was still the most recent Windows operating system. DOS was still used extensively, and in comparison it was extremely limited.

I'm not even convinced you have used a native DOS system considering you don't even know how to run Windows 3.1. You're probably considering whatever ships with XP/7 to be "DOS" which while limited is still far superior to DOS 6.x (Which is what I believe shipped with the most recent DOS-based Windows OS, Windows Millennium Edition)

Quote:(11-20-2014, 12:44 AM)The Toilet Paper King Wrote:

So do you like fucking 80 year old women just because they're old? Have you ever walked 10 km to work and back? Carried a weeks worth of groceries 5km? Have you ever used a rotary phone or sent a telegram? do you like these better simply because they're old? How old do you want to go back. How about an abacus instead of a calculator? Ever done Egyptian multiplication?

For that matter - ever tried browsing the internet on DOS? Good luck with that. Or doing anything but the most basic of tasks. I remember using Windows 3.0 when it was still the most recent Windows operating system. DOS was still used extensively, and in comparison it was extremely limited.

I'm not even convinced you have used a native DOS system considering you don't even know how to run Windows 3.1. You're probably considering whatever ships with XP/7 to be "DOS" which while limited is still far superior to DOS 6.x (Which is what I believe shipped with the most recent DOS-based Windows OS, Windows Millennium Edition)

Why carry groceries, when you can choose to work on a farm and hunt? Browsing the internet is far from basic. People need to go through all the work to setup the internet, which was started on DOS when Windows started adding the internet to their operating systems.

No I have not run DOS before, but I have seen other people use it, and I plan on using it once my father finds his old DOS computer.

Personally I like Windows 7. Yeah I know, everyone and their grandmother uses Windows. I've tried using Ubuntu and Elementary OS a few times but kept coming back to Windows because I've become so accustom to it.

Quote:(11-20-2014, 01:05 AM)ShawnReynolds Wrote:

Why carry groceries, when you can choose to work on a farm and hunt? Browsing the internet is far from basic. People need to go through all the work to setup the internet, which was started on DOS when Windows started adding the internet to their operating systems.

Have you ever cut an animals throat? then snapped its necked? And thats just the start. You then need to cut away it's skin from the flesh, remove all the organs, and cut up the carcass.

I have. Its not a pleasant job.

As for "internet". The modern day internet, comprised mainly of web servers, did not exist until Windows 3.0 and didnt become "widely" used until at least Windows 95. There is no built in mechanism for "browsing the net" in DOS. There was networking support, but very limited number of network applications before Windows came along and the "web" wasn't one of them.

Quote:(11-20-2014, 01:33 AM)The Toilet Paper King Wrote:

Have you ever cut an animals throat? then snapped its necked? And thats just the start. You then need to cut away it's skin from the flesh, remove all the organs, and cut up the carcass.

I have. Its not a pleasant job.

As for "internet". The modern day internet, comprised mainly of web servers, did not exist until Windows 3.0 and didnt become "widely" used until at least Windows 95. There is no built in mechanism for "browsing the net" in DOS. There was networking support, but very limited number of network applications before Windows came along and the "web" wasn't one of them.

I have not done it before, but I have watched people do it (in person), and I know it is unpleasant.

I know the web was not available in DOS, but they started working on it while DOS was still supported.

I am not debating this any further. It is my opinion and I am sticking with it. Everyone has their own opinion, and they are enabled to alter it or keep it as they please.