Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 206 Vote(s) - 3.65 Average
Find Object with Property in Array

is there a possibility to get an object from an array with an specific property? Or do i need to loop trough all objects in my array and check if an property is the specific i was looking for?

edit: Thanks for given me into the correct direction, but i have a problem to convert this.

// edit again: A ok, and if there is only one specific result? Is this also a possible method do to that?

let imageUUID = sender.imageUUID

let questionImageObjects = self.formImages[currentSelectedQuestion.qIndex] as [Images]!

// this is working
//var imageObject:Images!
/*
for (index, image) in enumerate(questionImageObjects) {

if(image.imageUUID == imageUUID) {
imageObject = image
}

}
*/

// this is not working - NSArray is not a subtype of Images- so what if there is only 1 possible result?
var imageObject = questionImageObjects.filter( { return $0.imageUUID == imageUUID } )

Here is a working example in **Swift 5**

class Point{
var x:Int
var y:Int

init(x:Int, y:Int){
self.x = x
self.y = y
}
}

var p1 = Point(x:1, y:2)
var p2 = Point(x:2, y:3)
var p3 = Point(x:1, y:4)
var points = [p1, p2, p3]

// Find the first object with given property
// In this case, firstMatchingPoint becomes p1
let firstMatchingPoint = points.first{$0.x == 1}

// Find all objects with given property
// In this case, allMatchingPoints becomes [p1, p3]
let allMatchingPoints = points.filter{$0.x == 1}

**Reference:**
[Trailing Closure][1]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

> // this is not working - NSArray is not a subtype of Images- so what if there is only 1 possible result?

You have no way to prove at compile-time that there is only one possible result on an array. What you're actually asking for is the *first* matching result. The easiest (though not the fastest) is to just take the first element of the result of filter:

let imageObject = questionImageObjects.filter{ $0.imageUUID == imageUUID }.first

`imageObject` will now be an optional of course, since it's possible that nothing matches.

If searching the whole array is time consuming, of course you can easily create a `firstMatching` function that will return the (optional) first element matching the closure, but for short arrays this is fine and simple.

---

As charles notes, in Swift 3 this is built in:

questionImageObjects.first(where: { $0.imageUUID == imageUUID })

Here is other way to fetch particular object by using object property to search an object in array.

if arrayTicketsListing.contains({ $0.status_id == "2" }) {
let ticketStatusObj: TicketsStatusList = arrayTicketsListing[arrayTicketsListing.indexOf({ $0.status_id == "2" })!]
print(ticketStatusObj.status_name)
}
Whereas, my arrayTicketsListing is `[TicketsStatusList]` contains objects of `TicketsStatusList` class.

// TicketsStatusList class

class TicketsStatusList {
internal var status_id: String
internal var status_name: String
init(){
status_id = ""
status_name = ""
}
}

**Edit 2016-05-05:** Swift 3 will include [`first(where:)`][1].

In Swift 2, you can use `indexOf` to find the index of the first array element that matches a predicate.

let index = questionImageObjects.indexOf({$0.imageUUID == imageUUID})

This is bit faster compared to `filter` since it will stop after the first match. (Alternatively, you could use a `lazy` sequence.)

However, it's a bit annoying that you can only get the index and not the object itself. I use the following extension for convenience:

extension CollectionType {
func find(@noescape predicate: (Self.Generator.Element) throws -> Bool) rethrows -> Self.Generator.Element? {
return try indexOf(predicate).map({self[$0]})
}
}

Then the following works:

questionImageObjects.find({$0.imageUUID == imageUUID})

[1]:

Yes, you can use the `filter` method which takes a closure where you can set your logical expression.

Example:

struct User {
var firstName: String?
var lastName: String?
}

let users = [User(firstName: "John", lastName: "Doe"), User(firstName: "Bill", lastName: "Clinton"), User(firstName: "John", lastName: "Travolta")];

let johns = users.filter( { return $0.firstName == "John" } )

Note that `filter` returns an array containing all items satisfying the logical expression.

More info in the [Library Reference](

)