Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 436 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Form submitted twice, due to :remote=>true

My form submitted twice, after double checked, it was cause by ':remote=>true'. I removed it, my project works well. Who can show me why? And how to use ':remote=>true'?

My ruby code:

<%= form_tag(admin_product_group_product_scopes_path(@product_group), :remote => true, :id => 'new_product_group_form') do %>
<%
options =
grouped_options_for_select(
Scopes::Product::SCOPES.map do |group_name, scopes|
[
t(:name, :scope => [:product_scopes, :groups, group_name]),
scopes.keys.map do |scope_name|
[ t(:name, :scope => [:product_scopes, :scopes, scope_name]), scope_name]
end
]
end
)
%>
<p>
<label for="product_scope_name"><%= t('add_scope') %></label>
<%= select_tag("product_scope[name]", options) %>
<input type="submit" value="<%= t('add') %>" />
</p>
<% end %>

The final html code in browser.

<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="/admin/product_groups/17/product_scopes" data-remote="true" id="new_product_group_form" method="post"><div style="margin:0;padding:0;display:inline"><input name="utf8" type="hidden" value="✓"><input name="authenticity_token" type="hidden" value="GocX/l4ZNgF/feKtzC8FuohebM2k5MuIHtdeGp2Oi0A="></div>
<p>
<label for="product_scope_name">Add a scope</label>
<select id="product_scope_name" name="product_scope[name]"><optgroup label="Taxon"><option value="taxons_name_eq">In Taxon(without descendants)</option>
<option value="in_taxons">In taxons and all their descendants</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Text search"><option value="in_name">Product name have following</option>
<option value="in_name_or_keywords">Product name or meta keywords have following</option>
<option value="in_name_or_description">Product name or description have following</option>
<option value="with_ids">Products with IDs</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Values"><option value="with">With value</option>
<option value="with_property">With property</option>
<option value="with_property_value">With property value</option>
<option value="with_option">With option</option>
<option value="with_option_value">With option and value</option></optgroup><optgroup label="Price"><option value="price_between">Price between</option>
<option value="master_price_lte">Master price lesser or equal to</option>
<option value="master_price_gte">Master price greater or equal to</option></optgroup></select>
<input type="submit" value="Add">
</p>
</form>

In most cases, this issue is caused by `jquery_ujs` or `rails_ujs` being included multiple times.

See discussion on:

[To see links please register here]

On Rails 5, `rails-ujs` replaces `jquery_ujs`. Events will trigger twice if both are required.

// app/assets/javascripts/application.js
//= require jquery_ujs <-- delete this
//= require rails-ujs

It happened to me once the solution was to remove the google tag manager, because I was tracking the form submission with it.

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
<noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-PQZJ2T"
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
'//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-PQZJ2T');</script>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

in your application template (or wherever you keep the <%= javascript_include_tag "application" %> tag or the haml equivalent, add the "data-turbolinks-track" => true flag, so the tag will now look like this: <%= javascript_include_tag "application", "data-turbolinks-track" => true %>.

Here is the HAML equivalent to sannankhalid's.

:javascript
= f.submit(function() {
$(this).unbind('submit').submit();
});

I had the double-POST issue with Rails 4 and Bootstrap 3 (w/jQuery), submitting form updates from modals.

Wanted to add another possible cause for this. For me it was using Mixpanel's api. Specifically

It seems, that using `:remote=> true` in conjunction with `mixpanel.track_forms` will cause the form to submit via normal html after the desired json.

It's a probably rare, but took me a while to track down.

It seems that Ryan Muller's answer is correct. But removing application.js is not proper way to do as per my view. What I have done is I have opened the developer's tool in chrome and click on network part. Now when I click on submit button then it would show me that who is making request. So I removed that JS and tried it again and it works. So as per Ryan Muller its correct that its problem of JS by including twice. But make sure you maintain the dependency of JS as well.

![enter image description here][1]

[1]:

Try `ctrl-c` on the server to stop it. Then `rm -r public/assets/` to get rid of the assets directory (and the duplicate application.js). Restart the server from the same terminal window and it might work as expected.

In case people are stumbling on this question like I did:

I had the same problem, and sannankhalid's answer didn't fix it, but deleting a locally precompiled application.js in the `public/assets` directory did -- the ujs is included twice, so it fires twice. Via