Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 917 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Games becoming more than games?

There has often been this idea of "The Metaverse" thrown around by sci-fi novels and films. However, there are some companies toying with this idea in a very primitive/early form.
I'm not a big fan of Fortnite, and find the hype around it very off-putting. However, there are some interesting things happening in the game. They have been holding several

[To see links please register here]

[Image: 1593186914253-Screenshot-444.png?crop=0....size=500:*]
Now there has been another mega-mainstream musician holding a concert: Ariana Grande. Again, not my cup of tea - But it's interesting to see this "game" beyond used for more than just a BR game.

I like "musician holding a concert: Ariana Grande" Music and characters go well together.

I have wondered where games will be a few years down the line. Look at gaming just a few years ago. To present day standards it's astronomical.

Graphical improvements are nice but variety seems to be cutting down. Games are all just re using and copying other games nowadays

Apex legends for example is literally titan fall 2 battle royale.

But you can't blame them for taking easy money.

Quote:(12-19-2022, 12:50 AM)InternetRockStar Wrote:

I have wondered where games will be a few years down the line. Look at gaming just a few years ago. To present day standards it's astronomical.

Graphical improvements are nice but variety seems to be cutting down. Games are all just re using and copying other games nowadays

I think some of the genres of games that game out 10 years ago are becoming more saturated, like battel royales, but I don't think there is any more copying than there was 10 years ago. Most of the games I've played recently have been incredibly unique, based on some fascinating concepts or storylines. I think this perspective could differ from person to person, and differ based on their preferences. If you like shooters, CoD, BR, it's going to look like a copycat world right? That's where a lot of the money is.

However, I think we will continue to see more copying/similarities in the big titles because success is hard to ignore, but also because gaming development appears to be becoming more accessible somehow? I don't know enough about the industry to explain the ins and outs of why, but it's interesting!

Quote:(12-19-2022, 12:50 AM)Tee Wrote:

There are an excessive number of "remastered" titles or reboots, but there's always been a lot of rinse/repeat with game design. Series like COD, Assassin's Creed, or any others that have spanned more than 5 titles tend to re-use a lot of the same concepts/gameplay. The one thing that always improves is graphics.

I don't always think it's an inherently bad thing, since certain genres benefit from the re-use/improvement of existing concepts. I love that RPGs in particular use a lot of the same systems/concepts of games from even 30-40 years ago. It mostly becomes a problem when nothing new is added to the equation.

Quote:(02-13-2023, 02:47 PM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (12-19-2022, 12:50 AM)Tee Wrote:

There are an excessive number of "remastered" titles or reboots, but there's always been a lot of rinse/repeat with game design. Series like COD, Assassin's Creed, or any others that have spanned more than 5 titles tend to re-use a lot of the same concepts/gameplay. The one thing that always improves is graphics.

I don't always think it's an inherently bad thing, since certain genres benefit from the re-use/improvement of existing concepts. I love that RPGs in particular use a lot of the same systems/concepts of games from even 30-40 years ago. It mostly becomes a problem when nothing new is added to the equation.

I have to agree with you. There's also the establishment of certain concepts, like ability bars, levelling gear/armour, cosmetics - a lot of these will be seen across games of the same genre because it's a bit like the development of cars. When cars were first coming into invention, the early models were all different, with different controls. One person couldn't go from one model to another and still know how to drive it. The same is true of game UI and basic features/structure. It makes it easier to pick up new games, because you learn how that "sort of game" works.

It seemed to me like big companies trying to hype up investors.

Quote:(03-01-2023, 06:08 AM)Octagon Wrote:

It seemed to me like big companies trying to hype up investors.

You're probably quite right. Although, Fortnite proves that it worked.