Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 378 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
[Help] Hacking in public environments

So me and my friends will be at our local library this weekend to work on a school project and I am bringing my Kali machine cuz my main computer is somewhere else. I was thinking of attempting to compromise computers there or at least try to catch some passwords on the network. I've never done anything like this in a library and I don't want to get caught cuz I've screwed up with the law before. Do any of you guys have recommendations for being safe and preventing capture :smile: ?

Yep, I have a shit ton of tips.
Here they are:

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

Here's a good tip: If you want to avoid legal trouble, don't do anything illegal.
My advice? Keep your hacking to systems that you either own or have been given permission to test with.

Remember the following saying for things like this
"Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time."

@"Nytelife26" said pretty much everything that needed to be said.

If you're asking a question this broad, that's an indication you probably have no business doing what you're about to. Inform yourself on the laws first. At a minimum be wary of logs, cameras, witnesses. Some libraries require people to check in with their card, too. Not sure what you're doing? Then you probably shouldn't.

I can tell you from first-hand experience, what you're attempting can have serious consequences.

Judging by your post, It appears you have very little knowledge of what you wish to achieve and how to go about doing It. Best advice and simply stated, don't do It.

What do you expect from sniffing a library network? Some search requests and a few Facebook logins?

Quote:(03-07-2018, 11:04 PM)Nytelife26 Wrote:

"Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time."

The best quote I've heard in a long time. OP, I wouldn't risk it, if you just want to learn, do it on your own systems like everyone else said.

Quote:(03-19-2018, 11:52 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (03-19-2018, 11:38 PM)x n Wrote:

There's really no way to get caught doing something like this if you're on the same LAN as everyone else as long as your computer's name isn't anything that personally identifies you. I'd do it in the bathroom though considering the fact that cameras + network traffic timestamps can get you caught.

This is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. Do you think that switches and routers don't look at your traffic in an attempt to manage them? In fact, it's so difficult to turn that feature off that many netadmin's don't even bother. At the end of the day, you're pretty easy to track down, but unless you're successful in doing something actually important (like robbing a bank), nobody cares enough about you (understandably so) to bother to look what you've done.

Holy shit you are incompetent. I obviously mentioned the fact that network traffic will fuck you up, which you would've known if you had actually read my post before replying. I understand that you are a very well-seasoned programmer, but please stop riding the shoulders of all of my posts in an attempt to make it look like you know anything past introductory level information about hacking, it's cringy and annoying.

Quote:(03-19-2018, 11:38 PM)x n Wrote:

There's really no way to get caught doing something like this if you're on the same LAN as everyone else as long as your computer's name isn't anything that personally identifies you.

I know that this can be prevented, but if they use your local address and the fact you're connected to their network to get information about your device, you're a little bit fucked unless someone else has the same device as you. And even then, I'm almost 100% sure that they can squeeze enough information to pinpoint your exact device.
Just saying.