Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 457 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
How Powerful is VB?

I'm not a big visual basic guy, i'm familiar enough, took a class or two on it a while ago. I kind of overlooked it, to study python, html, js, css, and some c#/c++ instead. But for those of you who are well versed in Visual Basic, how powerful is it? Can you make web applications with it? develop cracking tools? game development?

I would argue that you've made a good decision by focusting on c#/python/everything-else-you-mentioned instead of a VB. I mean, it's okay language, you can also leverage .net framework, you can write web apps, cracking tools and even games in it. But even microsoft doesn't provide it the same amount of love as it does with the rest of its .net toolchain. Community support is weak as well when comparing it to its main competitors (c# and java). The only thing VB has going for it is the basic syntax if you grew on it so it has a sorta nostalgic value ("muh goto").

You can make all of the things you've mentioned... However, the other languages you've mentioned are primarily lower-level languages, and will likely benefit you more. On the other hand, VB is also arguably easier to learn (even if it's not as common).

My two cents is that VB is a language that's used for niche stuff and most of the related jobs you are likely to find (freelance or otherwise) are more likely going to be maintenance tasks: updating the software to keep it going instead of expanding it's operation.
VB is a pretty basic language, and will continue to be useful as long as Microsoft continues to keep it up to date with the .NET Core. At some point they said they wanted to continue expanding the language, as to keep it's relevancy, but as of 2020 my understanding is that it's only being updated to continue being .NET compatible (

[To see links please register here]

) and nothing else.

I can't say I'm well versed in it, and I haven't used it often in my life, but the few times I did in the past was for "scripting" purposes (VBA & Excel). If you are already investing time in C, C#, Java, Python and/or JS, I see very little benefit in going out of the way to "master" it. Other than understanding the syntax (which you quickly will) and it's limitations, you're probably done.