Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 457 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
How can I display a single record in 2 rows by using Yii CGridView?

I am using CGridView in Yii, how can I display a single record in 2 lines?

Basically I want to show a record details in 1st row of table and on other row I want to display its summary, I tried it with div and css but can't get proper results, is anyone there who can help me in this case?

I am using like this:

<?php

$this->widget('zii.widgets.grid.CGridView', array(
'id'=>'bidding-grid',
'itemsCssClass' => 'data-default',
'dataProvider'=>$model,
'summaryText' => '',
'columns'=>array(
'people_detail_for_bid.Person' => array(
'type'=>'raw',
'name'=>'people_detail_for_bid.Person',
'value'=>'Yii::app()->Controller->createUserNameLink($data->people_detail_for_bid->PeopleFirstName." ".$data->people_detail_for_bid->PeopleLastName, $data->people_detail_for_bid->PeopleId).
"<br><span class=decriptionText>".$data->people_detail_for_bid->PeopleDesignation."</span>".
"<br><span class=decriptionText>".$data->people_detail_for_bid->PeopleEmail."</span>"',
'htmlOptions'=>array('width'=>200),
),
'timeAgo' => array(
'type'=>'raw',
'name'=>'timeAgo',
'value'=>'"<span class=decriptionText>".Yii::app()->Controller->_ago($data->PBPostedOn)."</sapn>"',
'htmlOptions'=>array('width'=>150),
),

),

));

?>

You can customize what you are rendering in the columns, so if you want to show two different fields of your table in the same row, you have to create a function in your model:

public function customColumn()
{
return $this->PeopleDesignation.'<br/>'.$this->PeopleEmail;
}

And then assign the method to the value of your column:

array(
'type'=>'html',
'value'=>'$data->customColumn()'
),

Cheers, Pablo.

Sounds like 2 interleaved `CGridViews`. So you might try that, but I can't imagine it will work out well:

Overlay one `CGridView` over the other, with enough transparent space in each row for the other to display it's row, and ...

a. one `CGridView` table offset vertically by half a row height, *OR*
b. one table's row's text vertically top-aligned & the other bottom-aligned

But somehow I doubt that's a `CGridView` capability ;) And keeping the two in sync so they pagenate and scroll together would be darn near impossible. Sounds like you need to enhance CGridView or derive a new widget from `CGridView`. I wonder if JQuery has something to do this?

After too much search .. and I tried with different ways now finally got a solution for this .. that solution is basically a kind of 2nd way to do anything not actual way .. but it works to me ..

'timeAgo' => array(
'type'=>'raw',
'name'=>'timeAgo',
'value'=>'"<span class=decriptionText>".Yii::app()->Controller->_ago($data->PBPostedOn)."</sapn></td></tr><tr><td colspan=\"6\"><span class=decriptionText>".$data->PBSummary."</span>"',
'htmlOptions'=>array('width'=>150),
),

added some table tags on last column to close row and added another one.

hope it works for all ..

thanks ..

I think the best and cleanest way to accomplish this is to create a new extension and extend it to CGridView, override the renderTableRow function like this:

/**
* Renders a table body row.
* @param integer $row the row number (zero-based).
*/
public function renderTableRow($row)
{
if($this->rowCssClassExpression!==null)
{
$data=$this->dataProvider->data[$row];
echo '<tr class="'.$this->evaluateExpression($this->rowCssClassExpression,array('row'=>$row,'data'=>$data)).'">';
}
else if(is_array($this->rowCssClass) && ($n=count($this->rowCssClass))>0)
echo '<tr class="'.$this->rowCssClass[$row%$n].'">';
else
echo '<tr>';

$colCtr = 0;
foreach($this->columns as $column){
$column->renderDataCell($row);
$colCtr++;
}

echo "</tr>\n";
echo "<tr><td colspan=\"$colCtr\">This is the summary row. </td></tr>";
}