Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 753 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
How can I get list of open tabs in Firefox via a command-line application?

I have a lot of tabs open in Firefox. After I close Firefox and then run it again, the tabs are there. That's all right.

However, from time to time, Firefox crashes and my tabs are lost. How do I get the open tabs and backup the list to some file?

(With tabs in a file, I can also use [Git][1], [SVN][2], or whatever to store them and optionally find some link 'that I saw in my browser but can't remember what it was'.)

**What I got so far:**

I'm able to get some [URLs][3], but that's doesn't seem to be exactly what I see in Firefox:

$c = ((gc c:\Users\..\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xfvj8vd5.default\sessionstore.js ) -join '')
$sess = [Jayrock.Json.Conversion.JsonConvert]::Import( $c.trim('()') )
$sess.windows[0].tabs |
% { $_.entries } |
% { $_.url } |
Select-Object -Unique

*Please, don't tell me "use this addon or that addon". I really would like do it as I described.*

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]:

Using the JSON module from PoshCode, this looks right (bear in mind: I tested this on Firefox 4, where the Tab Panorama results in "hidden" tabs, ymmv).

ConvertFrom-Json -File ~\AppData\R*\M*\F*\P*\*\sessionstore.js -Type PSObject -EA 0 |
Select -Expand Windows | Select -Expand Tabs |
Where { !$_.hidden } | ForEach { @($_.Entries)[-1] } |
Select Title, Url

All the * in the first line are just to make it short. Feel free to expand that to the full path if you care about the (milli)seconds spent searching.

not in PowerShell but I recently faced this problem so maybe this onliner can help someone:

cat recovery.js | sed 's#{"url":"#\n\n#g' | cut -d'"' -f1 | grep . | sort -u

#Test in Firefox 5.0
$sessionStoreFile = "$env:APPDATA\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*.default\sessionstore-backups\recovery.js"
$sessionStoreFileExists = Test-Path $sessionStoreFile
If($sessionStoreFileExists -eq $False) {
#Test in Firefox 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0
$sessionStoreFile = "$env:APPDATA\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*.default\sessionstore.js"
}
(Get-Content -Encoding UTF8 -Raw -Path $sessionStoreFile).Trim('()') | ConvertFrom-Json |
Select -Expand Windows | Select -Expand Tabs |
Where { !$_.hidden } | ForEach { @($_.Entries)[-1] } |
Select Url, Title | Export-Csv -Path $CsvFile -Encoding UTF8 -NoTypeInformation
You can download detail SQL script from [how to export all URLs of Firefox tabs at once(PowerShell)][1]

[1]:

I'd recommend using [brotab](

) to get the URLs of all open tabs:

```
pip install brotab
brotab install
```

Install the web extension as well:

Restart Firefox, and you can use `brotab list` and parse it as so: