Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 370 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
How do I execute a PowerShell script automatically using Windows task scheduler?

I have one PowerShell script which sends emails. I want to execute that script automatically, every 1 minute. How can I do it, using task scheduler?

Currently I have created a task and provided the path of my script. But that scheduler opens my script, instead of executing.

I am using Windows 7 Professional and PowerShell version 2.0.5.

Here is an example using PowerShell 3.0 or 4.0 for `-RepeatIndefinitely` and up:

# Trigger
$middayTrigger = New-JobTrigger -Daily -At "12:40 AM"
$midNightTrigger = New-JobTrigger -Daily -At "12:00 PM"
$atStartupeveryFiveMinutesTrigger = New-JobTrigger -once -At $(get-date) -RepetitionInterval $([timespan]::FromMinutes("1")) -RepeatIndefinitely

# Options
$option1 = New-ScheduledJobOption –StartIfIdle

$scriptPath1 = 'C:\Path and file name 1.PS1'
$scriptPath2 = "C:\Path and file name 2.PS1"

Register-ScheduledJob -Name ResetProdCache -FilePath $scriptPath1 -Trigger $middayTrigger,$midNightTrigger -ScheduledJobOption $option1
Register-ScheduledJob -Name TestProdPing -FilePath $scriptPath2 -Trigger $atStartupeveryFiveMinutesTrigger

Instead of only using the path to your script in the task scheduler, you should start PowerShell with your script in the task scheduler, e.g.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoLogo -NonInteractive -File "C:\Path\To\Your\PS1File.ps1"

See `powershell /?` for an explanation of those switches.

If you still get problems you should read [this question][1].

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

After several hours of test and research over the Internet, I've finally found how to start my PowerShell script with task scheduler, thanks to the
video *[Scheduling a PowerShell Script using Windows Task Scheduler by Jack Fruh @sharepointjack][1]*.

Program/script -> put full path through powershell.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

Add arguments -> Full path to the script, and the script, without any " ".

Start in (optional) -> The directory where your script resides, without any " ".

[1]:

In my case, my script has parameters, so I set:

*Arguments*: `-Command "& C:\scripts\myscript.ps1 myParam1 myParam2"`

You can use the Unblock-File cmdlet to unblock the execution of this specific script. This prevents you doing any permanent policy changes which you may not want due to security concerns.

Unblock-File path_to_your_script

Source: *[Unblock-File][1]*

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Create the scheduled task and set the action to:

Program/Script: `Powershell.exe`

Arguments: `-File "C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\ThisisMyFile.ps1"`

None of posted solutions worked for me.
Workaround, which worked:

create a ```run.bat``` and put inside
```powershell.exe -file "C:\...\script.ps1"```

then set Action to Program/Script: ```"C:\...\run.bat"```