Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 1017 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
How do I fix the error 'Named Pipes Provider, error 40 - Could not open a connection to' SQL Server'?

Open SQL Server Configuration Manager

1. Select SQL Server Services from right.
2. Find your server from right and go to its properties (with right click)
3. Change log on method to Local System.

![enter image description here][1]

![enter image description here][2]

[1]:

[2]:

I had the same problem and solved the problem by disabling my firewall(ESET).

The first step to solve this problem should be to try pinging your own computer from another computer. If you have firewall on, you may not be able to ping yourself. I tried pinging my own pc, then ping was failed(didnt get response from the server)

Solving this problem is very easy:

1. Go to control panel.
2. search for services.
3. Open Local services window from your search results
4. Restart your MSSQLSERVER service.

Screenshot of the steps:

![Screenshot of the steps][1]

[1]:

A thread on MSDN Social, *[Re: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server][1]*, has a pretty decent list of possible issues that are related to your error. You may want to see if any of them could be what you're experiencing.

* Incorrect connection string, such as using SqlExpress
* Named Pipes(NP) was not enabled on the SQL instance
* Remote connection was not enabled
* Server not started, or point to not a real server in your connection string
* Other reasons such as incorrect security context
* try basic connectivity tests between the two machines you are working on

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I have suggested below steps to resolve your issue **How do I fix the error 'Named Pipes Provider, error 40 - Could not open a connection to' SQL Server**'

1. Check for working fine **SQL Server Services services** or not.
2. Also check for working in good condition **SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)**.
3. Also check for working fine **SQL Server Browser**.
4. Delete all earlier **Aliases**, now create new aliases as per your requirements.
5. Now check for working of SQL Server Default **Port 1433**
6. Next click on Client Protocols in instance, then click on **TCP/IP**, now click on mouse right click, open the Property, here you can make assure your working fine your default port **SQL 1433**.
7. Open your **SQL Server Management Studio**, then right click, click on "**Property**" option and then click on **Connections** tab, then finally tick for **Allow remote Connections to this server**.
8. Check for right working or your **Ping IP Host**.

I was trying to add a new connection in VS2015. None of the suggestions here worked. Suspecting some sort of a bug in the wizard, especially since SSMS was able to connect just fine, I decided to try and trick it. It worked!

1. Instead of adding the connection, use "Create new SQL Server Database". Enter your server name and a random name for the new DB, e.g. "test".

1. Assuming this succeeds, open Server Explorer in VS, locate the connection in Data Connections, right-click it and select Modify Connection.

1. Change "test" (from step 1) to the name of the existing database you want to connect to. Click "Test Connection". This time it should work!

1. Delete the temporary database you created in step 1.

I have one more solution, I think.
I recently had changed my computer name so, after I couldn't connect still after trying all above methods.
I changed the Server name..
Server name => (browse for more) => under database engine, a new server was found same as computers new name.
This worked, and life is good again.

I struggled for ages on this one before I realized my error - I had used commas instead of semicolons in the connect string

Try the following steps:

1. Open Services window (open "run box" and type services.msc).

2. Looking for SQL services (with SQL prefix).

3. Start them (if cannot start. Goto step 4).

4. Right_click to each service -> Properties -> Change to tab "Log on"-> choise log on as "Local ..." -> 0K. Then start SQL services again.

Try Open SQL and connect database.

I had this issue but none of the suggestions above fixed it.

I was seeing this issue when I deployed my website to IIS. The fix was to go into advanced settings against the default app pool and change the identity property from the default to Administrator.