Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 285 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
How do I redirect back to a page I'm currently on?

In my users photo album page they see photos they have uploaded and each photo has a 'make default' link on it.
When the user clicks `make default`, then the id of the photo is stored in the `photo_id` column of my profiles table.

The issue is redirecting them back to:

localhost:3000/settings/photo_gallery/:id

Is there a way I can redirect back to the photo album using the id of the photo that has just been set as the default? Can Rails find what album I want to redirect to just by looking at the id of a photo, as a photo belongs to a photo album, and a photo album has many photos?

I have the following tables in my database:

* User(s): has one profile, has many PhotoAlbums
* Profile(s): belongs to user
* PhotoAlbum(s): belongs to user, has many photos
* Photo(s): belongs to PhotoAlbum

Controller action:

def set_default_profile_photo

photo = Profile.find_by_user_id(current_user.id)
photo.photo_id = params[:photo_id]
photo.save

redirect_to "**HERE IS WHERE I'D LIKE TO REDIRECT TO THE PHOTOALBUM THE PHOTO IS IN**"
flash[:success] = "Default photo set!"

end

My routes:

users GET /users(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"users"}
POST /users(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"users"}
new_user GET /users/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"users"}
edit_user GET /users/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"users"}
user GET /users/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"users"}
PUT /users/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"users"}
DELETE /users/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"users"}
sessions GET /sessions(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"sessions"}
POST /sessions(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"sessions"}
new_session GET /sessions/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"sessions"}
edit_session GET /sessions/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"sessions"}
session GET /sessions/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"sessions"}
PUT /sessions/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"sessions"}
DELETE /sessions/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"sessions"}
passwords GET /passwords(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"passwords"}
POST /passwords(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"passwords"}
new_password GET /passwords/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"passwords"}
edit_password GET /passwords/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"passwords"}
password GET /passwords/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"passwords"}
PUT /passwords/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"passwords"}
DELETE /passwords/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"passwords"}
profiles GET /profiles(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"profiles"}
POST /profiles(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"profiles"}
new_profile GET /profiles/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"profiles"}
edit_profile GET /profiles/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"profiles"}
profile GET /profiles/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"profiles"}
PUT /profiles/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"profiles"}
DELETE /profiles/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"profiles"}
emails GET /emails(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"emails"}
POST /emails(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"emails"}
new_email GET /emails/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"emails"}
edit_email GET /emails/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"emails"}
email GET /emails/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"emails"}
PUT /emails/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"emails"}
DELETE /emails/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"emails"}
root / {:controller=>"users", :action=>"new"}
success /success(.:format) {:action=>"success", :controller=>"users"}
login /login(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"sessions"}
logout /logout(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"sessions"}
reset_password /reset_password(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"passwords"}
setup_new_password /setup_new_password(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"passwords"}
settings /settings(.:format) {:action=>"settings", :controller=>"users"}
settings_account /settings/account(.:format) {:controller=>"users", :action=>"account"}
settings_edit_profile /settings/edit_profile(.:format) {:controller=>"profiles", :action=>"edit_profile"}
/:username(.:format) {:controller=>"users", :action=>"show"}
change_password /change_password(.:format) {:action=>"change_password", :controller=>"users"}
profile_photo_set_default /profile_photo/set_default(.:format) {:controller=>"photo_albums", :action=>"set_default_profile_photo"}
album_photo_set_default /album_photo/set_default(.:format) {:controller=>"photo_albums", :action=>"set_default_album_photo"}
photo_albums GET /settings/photo_gallery(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
POST /settings/photo_gallery(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
new_photo_album GET /settings/photo_gallery/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
edit_photo_album GET /settings/photo_gallery/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
photo_album GET /settings/photo_gallery/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
PUT /settings/photo_gallery/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
DELETE /settings/photo_gallery/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"photo_albums"}
photos GET /settings/photo_gallery/photos(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"photos"}
POST /settings/photo_gallery/photos(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"photos"}
new_photo GET /settings/photo_gallery/photos/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"photos"}
edit_photo GET /settings/photo_gallery/photos/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"photos"}
photo GET /settings/photo_gallery/photos/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"photos"}
PUT /settings/photo_gallery/photos/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"photos"}
DELETE /settings/photo_gallery/photos/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"photos"}

In Rails 5 it was introduced the function:

redirect_back(fallback_location: root_path)

It does redirect back whenever the `HTTP_REFERER` is known. Otherwise it redirects to the `fallback_location`.

The `redirect_to :back` is deprecated and will be removed from Rails 5.1.

This is what you want:

redirect_to request.referrer

For further reference:

[To see links please register here]

`redirect_to :back` worked for me but I want to see if this was the right choice

[To see links please register here]

If you came from the photo_album page, you should be able to do:

redirect_to :back

Otherwise, you should be able to do a named route like:

redirect_to photo_album_path(photo.album_id) # or whatever the association key is

BTW, why do you have photo_albums mapping to photo_galleries? It's a lot less confusing if you named your resources and routes in a similiar manner. ie: if you wanted your route endpoints to use /photo_galleries you should name your resource PhotoGallery.

In one project we used the session for temporary storage, because `redirect_to :back` did not work for us.
We had an `def new` where we set `session[:return_to] = request.referer`
in the `def create` we added `redirect_to session[:return_to]`.
I do not know anymore, why we could not use `redirect_to :back`