Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 1083 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
How to combine date from one field with time from another field - MS SQL Server

Convert both field into DATETIME :

SELECT CAST(@DateField as DATETIME) + CAST(@TimeField AS DATETIME)

and if you're using [`Getdate()`](

[To see links please register here]

) use this first:

DECLARE @FechaActual DATETIME = CONVERT(DATE, GETDATE());
SELECT CAST(@FechaActual as DATETIME) + CAST(@HoraInicioTurno AS DATETIME)

SELECT CAST(your_date_column AS date) + CAST(your_time_column AS datetime) FROM your_table

Works like a charm

SELECT CAST(CAST(@DateField As Date) As DateTime) + CAST(CAST(@TimeField As Time) As DateTime)

Another way is to use `CONCAT`and `CAST`, be aware, that you need to use `DATETIME2(x)` to make it work. You can set `x` to anything between `0-7` `7` meaning no precision loss.

DECLARE @date date = '2018-03-12'
DECLARE @time time = '07:00:00.0000000'
SELECT CAST(CONCAT(@date, ' ', @time) AS DATETIME2(7))

Returns `2018-03-12 07:00:00.0000000`

_Tested on SQL Server 14_

You can simply add the two.

- **if** the `Time part` of your `Date` column is always zero
- **and** the `Date part` of your `Time` column is also always zero *(base date: January 1, 1900)*

Adding them returns the correct result.

SELECT Combined = MyDate + MyTime FROM MyTable

<h3>Rationale (kudos to ErikE/dnolan)</h3>

> It works like this due to the way the date is stored as two 4-byte
> `Integers` with the left 4-bytes being the `date` and the right
> 4-bytes being the `time`. Its like doing `$0001 0000 + $0000 0001 =
> $0001 0001`

<h3>Edit regarding new SQL Server 2008 types</h3>
`Date` and `Time` are types introduced in `SQL Server 2008`. If you insist on adding, you can use `Combined = CAST(MyDate AS DATETIME) + CAST(MyTime AS DATETIME)`

<h3>Edit2 regarding loss of precision in SQL Server 2008 and up (kudos to Martin Smith)</h3>

Have a look at [How to combine date and time to datetime2 in SQL Server?][1] to prevent loss of precision using SQL Server 2008 and up.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I ran into similar situation where I had to merge Date and Time fields to DateTime field. None of the above mentioned solution work, specially adding two fields as the data type for addition of these 2 fields is not same.

I created below solution, where I added hour and then minute part to the date. This worked beautifully for me. Please check it out and do let me know if you get into any issues.

;with tbl
as
(
select StatusTime = '12/30/1899 5:17:00 PM', StatusDate = '7/24/2019 12:00:00 AM'
)
select DATEADD(MI, DATEPART(MINUTE,CAST(tbl.StatusTime AS TIME)),DATEADD(HH, DATEPART(HOUR,CAST(tbl.StatusTime AS TIME)), CAST(tbl.StatusDate as DATETIME)))
from tbl

Result: 2019-07-24 17:17:00.000

simply concatenate both , but cast them first as below

select cast(concat(Cast(DateField as varchar), ' ', Cast(TimeField as varchar)) as datetime) as DateWithTime from TableName;

This was my solution which ignores the date value of the time column
```sql
CAST(Tbl.date as DATETIME) + CAST(CAST(Tbl.TimeFrom AS TIME) as DATETIME)
```
Hope this helps others

Finding this works for two dates where you want time from one and date from the other:

declare @Time as datetime = '2021-11-19 12:34'
declare @Date as datetime = '2021-10-10'
SELECT @time + datediff(day, @Time, @Date)

select s.SalesID from SalesTbl s
where cast(cast(s.SaleDate as date) as datetime) + cast(cast(s.SaleCreatedDate as time) as datetime) between @FromDate and @ToDate