Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 351 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
How to create new theme in drupal 7

Can anyone please help me in creating a new theme using drupal 7?
I wanted to know the steps to create it. If there is any documentation for creating new themes then it would be great.
It would be great if anyone says what is need to write in the files .info, *.tpl.php, .css and .js.

If you are after a simple tutorial on creating Drupal themes, try this one:

- [How to Make a Drupal Theme][1]

This covers version 6, which is the current release of Drupal. I couldn't find anything specific to the upcoming Drupal 7 release, but if you need detailed information on the changes between and 7, try these:

- [Converting 6.x themes to 7.x][2]
- [Drupal 7 theme changes][3]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]:

I think you're really best off by looking at a basic starter theme and going from there. The "Basic" theme is a really good one (

) and has a stable D7 release.

Quite a few things have changed, such as the use of html.tpl.php so that you can have multiple page.tpl.php's without having to duplicate the <head>.

EDIT: Why are you creating a theme for D7? Hopefully it's just for practice and not for a real site that will be launching anytime soon?

This video gives a good starter on how to creat a drupal 7 theme and she has follow up videos that explains more.

You could also go for the [Zen theme][1]. It's well-documented, frequently updated, and it has a lot of features. Furthermore, I ran into trouble when I just copied over the Bartik theme.

To work with the Zen theme, you have to figure out how to create a subtheme, but it's well worth figuring out. It's also described step by step on the Zen project pages. There's even a module that sets up subthemes for you called zenophile.

[1]:

"Zen theme"

For Drupal 7 I found this site is helpful in getting everything set up correctly:

The link below has the variables used in Drupal 7.

For Drupal 7, the core Bartik is an excellent theme and easy to customize. Read more about customizing Bartik here:

The official [**theming guide**][1] is very explanatory. If you are writing a theme from scratch I suggest this is the way to go. Among other things, it contains the 20 minutes [***Introduction to Theming Basics for Drupal 7***][2] video.

[1]:

[2]: