Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 239 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
How to execute a .bat file from a C# windows form app?

What I need to do is have a C# 2005 GUI app call a .bat and several VBScript files at user's request. This is just a stop-gap solution until the end of the holidays and I can write it all in C#. I can get the VBScript files to execute with no problem but I am unable to execute the .bat file. When I "click" in the C# app to execute the .bat file a DOS window opens up and closes very fast and the test .bat file does not execute - "Windows does not recognize bat as an internal or external command" is the error returned in the DOS box. If I simply doubl-click the .bat file or manually run it from the command prompt it does execute. I also need the .bat file to execute silently unless a user interaction is required - this script copies 11k+ files to folders on a networked machine and occasionally Windows "forgets" if the destination is a file or directory and asks for the user to tell it what it is (this is a whole other issue not for discussion here...needless to say I am annoyed by it).

So far in my C# source I have this :

Process scriptProc = new Process();

if (File.Exists("c:\\scripts\\batchfile1.bat"))
{

scriptProc.StartInfo.FileName = @"cscript";
scriptProc.StartInfo.Arguments = ("cmd.exe", "/C C:\\scripts\\batchfile1.bat"); // Wacky psuedo code //
scriptProc.Start();
scriptProc.WaitForExit(1500000);
scriptProc.Close();

}

if (!File.Exists("c:\\scripts\\batchfile1.bat"))
{
}

I am aware that this code does not work - but it is essentially what I want it to do. What I am looking at is something like this for .bat files. I assume I have to tell the system to use cmd to run the .bat. I am at a loss as to how to do this. I have checked out this [site][1] which is for C# 2003. Not much help for me as I am very green with C#.

EDIT: Using Kevin's post I attempted it again. Same solution script from that post but modified for me since I do not need to redirect:

System.Diagnostics.Process proc = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
proc.StartInfo.FileName = "C:\\scripts\\batchfile1.bat";
proc.StartInfo.RedirectStandardError = false;
proc.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = false;
proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
proc.Start();
proc.WaitForExit();

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Here is what you are looking for:

[To see links please register here]

It's about a question as to why a service can't execute a file, but it shows all the code necessary to do so.

For the problem you're having about the batch file asking the user if the destination is a folder or file, if you know the answer in advance, you can do as such:

If destination is a file:
echo f | [batch file path]

If folder:
echo d | [batch file path]

It will essentially just pipe the letter after "echo" to the input of the batch file.

Thanks