Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 149 Vote(s) - 3.34 Average
How to hash password correctly in PHP?

Quote:(08-25-2017, 10:00 PM)Jakub Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (08-25-2017, 09:53 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2017, 09:51 PM)Jakub Wrote:

Im hashing passwords on my websites/scripts using double md5 + salt and i personally prefer this way.

md5 is not really secure though is it?

i'm working with it for 1 year now and for now it's okay. But i have my own "hash" function so if double md5 with salt fails i will switch to my hash function

What do you mean by your own "hash" function? I think MD5 is considered unsecure, and I don't think you should use it.

Im hashing passwords on my websites/scripts using double md5 + salt and i personally prefer this way.

I have my own algorythm, php script which is hashing passwords, texts etc. (i.e. it will change "a" to "#72gwvs&") i'm using that hashing for my own private website where i have all of my projects. Once a month i'm changing algorythm for safety

Quote:(08-25-2017, 10:19 PM)Jakub Wrote:

I have my own algorythm, php script which is hashing passwords, texts etc. (i.e. it will change "a" to "#72gwvs&") i'm using that hashing for my own private website where i have all of my projects. Once a month i'm changing algorythm for safety

Do you even know anything about cryptology?

Quote:(08-25-2017, 10:00 PM)Jakub Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2017, 09:51 PM)Jakub Wrote:

i'm working with it for 1 year now and for now it's okay. But i have my own "hash" function so if double md5 with salt fails i will switch to my hash function

This beyond stupid.
MD5 was peer reviewed and looked over by tons of security experts, yet it was still broken.
Your own algorithm is probably not as advanced as MD5, and is a major security hole.

Use bcrypt or something ffs

PHP has a password_hash() function for a reason. Use it, the default algorithm is BCRYPT. @Sikom this goes to you aswell.

Never try to out think crackers man, never use your own algorithm, always use opensourced crypto.

Quote:(08-25-2017, 11:54 PM)Ender Wrote:

PHP has a password_hash() function for a reason. Use it, the default algorithm is BCRYPT.

This ^^ Enough said.

It's key stretching algorithm speaks for Itself.

Quote:(08-25-2017, 11:54 PM)Ender Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2017, 10:00 PM)Jakub Wrote:

This beyond stupid.
MD5 was peer reviewed and looked over by tons of security experts, yet it was still broken.
Your own algorithm is probably not as advanced as MD5, and is a major security hole.

Would agree with that being beyond stupid

Is this a good solution @'ender'?

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(08-26-2017, 11:15 AM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2017, 11:54 PM)Ender Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2017, 10:00 PM)Jakub Wrote:

This beyond stupid.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

This is not a good solution.
Use BCRYPT man

Quote:(08-26-2017, 12:48 PM)Pikami Wrote:

Quote: (08-26-2017, 11:15 AM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2017, 11:54 PM)Ender Wrote:

This beyond stupid.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

This is not a good solution.
Use BCRYPT man

Why is that not a good solution?