Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 414 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
How to install git on Windows 10 without Git Bash or GUI?

I am trying to install Git on Windows 10, but without Git Bash or GUI. I want to use Git in PowerShell and I would like not to bloat my PC. I know the install size is small, but that's not the issue.

I've tried going through the installer from git-SMC/Git for Windows a couple times, but it appears I can not opt out of GUI and Bash. Any idea how I can do this? Perhaps Chocolatey is of any use?

Thanks in advance!

The github repo publishes portable and minimum versions of the binary releases which don't require installation. You could prune out the parts you don't want if you need to cut it down further.

[To see links please register here]

Or instalation Using Chocolatey, if that will be ok for you

You can use MinGit

MinGit is provided on the Git for Windows repository

It does not come preinstalled with Git Bash, GitK or Vi etc.

I started with Git and then removed everything except the following dirs:

- \mingw64\libexec\git-core
- \ssl

Rename git-core to cmd and move it up 2 levels and you don't even have to edit your .gitconfig.

Works like a charm for me.

> Those who are still looking for a silent installation use **/VERYSILENT** parameter during installation through git installer.

Use below Powershell script, its basically downloading the [latest version from git release][1] and installing silently with no UI. make sure to replace the latest release url at `$git_latest_executable_download_url`

$git_latest_executable_download_url= "https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/releases/download/v2.41.0.windows.1/Git-2.41.0-64-bit.exe"
$git_latest_executable= "$pwd\Git-64-bit.exe"

Write-Host "Downloading latest Git intaller..."
(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile($git_latest_executable_download_url, $git_latest_executable)
.\Git-64-bit.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART
Write-Host "Latest Git version been installed."

[1]: